Meals on Wheels!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cali

Reaction score
Today we finally changed out the wire on the bottom of the grow out pen so it can be used as a bunny tractor!
Here it is... They love it. :) (Feel free to share your bunny tractor pics as well!)

6989_10151813781236622_824070703_n.jpg

Thanks GBov, they seem to be enjoying it! The chickens now think it's meant for them to sit on top of, haha.

If you have the big yard is a great solution.
I would throw some alfalfa seeds before the rain.

Andrei":3cmpx1c6 said:
If you have the big yard is a great solution.
I would throw some alfalfa seeds before the rain.

I have 4 acres :)

Beekeeper10":3cmpx1c6 said:
How do you move it without the rabbits legs getting caught under the wire?

I move it slowly and they will move along with it, I just pay attention to where their feet are. I don't have to lift it off the ground in order for it to roll so their feet aren't in a lot of danger. I am thinking of just tossing a board in there while I move it so I don't have to inch along so slowly.

Nice.
4 acres is enough for 1000 rabbits.
Why so tall?
With that wood you could make 2.
And a lot lighter.
Great idea for young ones or female/male only.

very nice :)

(Feel free to share your bunny tractor pics as well!)

well don't mind if I do ;)

mine right now is just a 3x5ft cage with most of the bottom cut out

you can kinda see the wire that i left along the bottom. they can sit on it safely while i move it over, or walk along with it. they tend to walk along with it to munch on all the new goodies once they figure out "OOOHH MORE NOMNOMS!" :roll:

Andrei":eh9wumrr said:
Nice.
4 acres is enough for 1000 rabbits.
Why so tall?
With that wood you could make 2.
And a lot lighter.
Great idea for young ones or female/male only.

Haha, I just have a small rabbitry. . 2 breeding pairs (soon to be trios) and a grow out pen.

I didn't build the original frame. When we bought the property it was here, so we added wire and it was originally 3 cages for our very first rabbits. When I built wire hanging cages, I removed the dividers and it became the grow out pen. Now it's a tractor. :)

ohiogoatgirl":eh9wumrr said:
very nice :)

(Feel free to share your bunny tractor pics as well!)

well don't mind if I do ;)

mine right now is just a 3x5ft cage with most of the bottom cut out

you can kinda see the wire that i left along the bottom. they can sit on it safely while i move it over, or walk along with it. they tend to walk along with it to munch on all the new goodies once they figure out "OOOHH MORE NOMNOMS!" :roll:

Love it! Do you stake it to the ground or anything so nothing can tip it over and steal your bunnies?

Latest posts

Back