Martenized Himi?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitsOfTheCreek

Netherland Dwarf Breeder & Well-known Member
Reaction score
Currently at a rabbit show and finished showing my Netherlands, and my Blue Himi Doe was disqualified for being Martenized
I haven't had one of these before and have barely seen one so I wanted to ask if she is
I didn't notice the lighter color on her ears until I was standing up at the table with her
IMG_20231021_123110338~2.jpg
IMG_20231021_123126414~2.jpg
IMG_20231021_123134694~2.jpg
Checked her pedigree and her father has a grandfather that is a Himi Marten

Last edited:
Currently at a rabbit show and finished showing my Netherlands, and my Blue Himi Doe was disqualified for being Martinized
I haven't had one of these before and have barely seen one so I wanted to ask if she is
I didn't notice the lighter color on her ears until I was standing up at the table with her

View attachment 37604
Checked her pedigree and her father has a grandfather that is a Himi Marten
That's what I'd call her. The pale ear lining, white nostrils and white underside to her tail are all indications. It's easy to miss, especially on a blue or lilac; some judges won't even catch it.
Here's a martinized himi Satin, with more obvious markings:
Inked Marten Himi.jpgInked marten himi nose, feet.JPG

Your cute little doe has another DQ on her front feet as well, that being white spots in the colored areas; it's especially noticeable on her right foot. It may be due to the martenization, but I'd watch for it in her offspring just in case.

How'd your other bunnies do?

I only have one in blue on rabbitcolors. Please, if someone own such a rabbit or has the right to use images, could you add them? Rabbitcolors - edit entry - Rabbitcolors

Up to now i wasn't able to find a proper image to replace the blue martenized himi in this explanation about the c-series with a black one. So if anyone have one i am very happy :)

c-serie-with-at.png

A day after the show I checked her parents' pedigrees and her father has a Martenized Himi in him
I'm planning on breeding her with my youngest Siamese Sable Buck when he's old enough to see if we can get a Sable Marten
IMG_20231112_145609472~2.jpg

Today I've noticed that another Doe from the same parents (she's about 6-7 months old now) has some lighter fur on the edges of her ear tips
1707193445703378856389207982714.jpg
That's all I've seen so far but I'm starting to get suspicious of their mother 🤨

Back