Marking babies?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleFluffyBunnies

Reaction score
Hi, I have a random question.

Is it possible to use a pen or permanent marker to mark a newborn rabbit baby's foot or ear? I want to be able to tell babies apart, especially now that I found out you can sex newborns. I don't have any popples right now, but I am planning on breeding early next year and I am trying to find out as much as possible.

Sharpie will work well, but my experience has been that the younger they are, the quicker it wears off. I think some due to grooming, but also probably due to body oils and things (I assume baby rabbits have a coating on them like human babies? but maybe not?)

LittleFluffyBunnies":t1qbxxo4 said:
Hi, I have a random question.

Is it possible to use a pen or permanent marker to mark a newborn rabbit baby's foot or ear? I want to be able to tell babies apart, especially now that I found out you can sex newborns. I don't have any popples right now, but I am planning on breeding early next year and I am trying to find out as much as possible.
I was wondering the same thing.... thanks for making this thread!

The permanent surgical markers last much longer. I put them in the right ear so if I want to tattoo them early it doesn't interfere.

sunrise":3tstiz75 said:
The permanent surgical markers last much longer. I put them in the right ear so if I want to tattoo them early it doesn't interfere.

Is there more than one brand of these? Color that works better than others? I'd been meaning to ask about this for a couple weeks--so glad someone else brought it up :)

Latest posts

Back