Maple Leaves

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindi Davis

Reaction score
I know a list was placed on safe foods. Are Maple leaves ok for the rabbits ?? hopefully lol cuz the neighbor tree is shedding all over my yard

Some maple are toxic. I forget which ones and maple can be hard to ID so I avoid it.

Red maple is bad for just about any animal. And there are others too but can't remember what they are.

Have a BIG 100 plus footer Maple. Not sure of the exact type but it gives us lots of shade in the summer. And lots of leaves and acorns in the fall. All my bunnies have tried the maple leaves with no problems. They don't eat a lot, but do take a taste. No belly upsets or toxic reaction to the leaves.

Karen

I fed my culls maple leaves, and one did so well I took her out of the cull pen and back to the barn.

MaggieJ":3i6lafux said:
Acorns on a maple tree? Sounds more like an oak, Karen.

Could be, don't know. All I know is it's big and very sturdy. And the rabbits love the leaves with no side effects.

I love trees, but I don't know them. All I know is that definitely have a dogwood in my front yard. The cedars surround my property and I have one BIG ASS Tree in the backyard.

Karen

Latest posts

Back