Mama brought the blanket!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvabunny

Reaction score
The perks of having 28" ears!

20140122_070342.jpg

20140122_070259.jpg

20140122_070240.jpg

On a sad note, I should have posted this earlier. This was the litter that even tho Mama seemed to be taking great care of everyone, I lost all of them. The pictures were so sweet tho, I wanted to share.

Attachments

• 20140122_070211.jpg
    20140122_070211.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 224
Those pictures are priceless! But- it looks to me as though the babies have their own built in blankets! :lol:

I'm so sorry you lost the litter. :(

They were adorable. At least you have those sweet pictures to remember them by.

The blue fell in the water, got his fur wet and stuck solid to the urine guard that same night. The rest just seemed to be failure to thrive. I lost 5 during one bitterly cold night, and the other two over the next day or two.

Mama was always like above, snuggling with the babies, keeping them warm, and just generally always there. When I checked her after nursing 8 babies and losing them all within a week, she didn't seem to have any milk.

The pics were at approx. 3 weeks old. They were all dead by 1 month old. Feed always available, fresh clean hay every day. I gave fresh water at least twice a day - albeit the rest of the time it was mostly frozen.

At a month old, they should have been scarfing down pellets like nobody's business. They would eat a few, but this was the litter that just wasn't progressing like I wanted them to. At least I've got the pics to remember what should have been.

Sorry you lost the litter, lovely pics though. Thanks for posting them.

Latest posts

Back