Lyre bird.... this is amazing.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:fainting: :p :lol: Okay, I just spent about 20 minutes watching videos of Lyre birds! Including ones imitating Dubstep (1 vulgar word even) and a construction site.

Miss M":32wvwegf said:
:fainting: :p :lol: Okay, I just spent about 20 minutes watching videos of Lyre birds! Including ones imitating Dubstep (1 vulgar word even) and a construction site.

Yeah.... I lost a few hours to youtube bird sensations. If you want to hear vulgar, look for Ruby the African Gray. Horribly hysterical.

JenerationX":22gtohni said:
Miss M":22gtohni said:

Yeah.... I lost a few hours to youtube bird sensations. If you want to hear vulgar, look for Ruby the African Gray. Horribly hysterical.
Nah, I don't usually do vulgar... but the mimicry was pretty amazing! To hear that super-deep human voice coming from that little bird was pretty shocking!

I have a friend with a Timneh African Grey.. they're the smaller one with the dark red tails. He likes to tease the cat with can opener sounds. :lol: He makes the noise and the cat comes running, then he screams "bad kitty" and laughs when it runs. I always thought parrots were just mimicking noises, but they're way smarter than I thought.

These birds can be annoying. We were out camping and one started up first thing in the morning and it sound like an alarm clock. Who takes an alarm clock camping? :x The thing is that we were on conservation land and it was cut your own site type camping. NO electricity, NO running water, NO bathrooms. Also known as primitive camping. So again WHO would take an alarm clock???? :x :lol: :lol:

JenerationX":221803vw said:
I have a friend with a Timneh African Grey.. they're the smaller one with the dark red tails. He likes to tease the cat with can opener sounds. :lol: He makes the noise and the cat comes running, then he screams "bad kitty" and laughs when it runs. I always thought parrots were just mimicking noises, but they're way smarter than I thought.
:rotfl:

Latest posts

Back