Lucky for him, He's cute!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosted Rabbits

Reaction score
After two weeks, I decided to try handling the chinchilla. After all, he had been approaching my hand, sniffing me, generally acting "friendly"

Well! I had a hold of the dang thing, being careful to not squeeze him, and what did he do? Tickled my pinky with his whiskers, then chomped down on it! :x

I will be approaching the little demon with a different method from here on out. It would be nice to have a 'tame' exotic pet! :pancake:

This would be akanes's area of expertise... maybe it's normal for a chinchilla to bite on occasion? I'm not very familiar with them at all :p

Susie570":o1p8g2gk said:
This would be akanes's area of expertise... maybe it's normal for a chinchilla to bite on occasion? I'm not very familiar with them at all :p

This fella hasn't been handled. It's probably just going to take a while. I'll be using my wildlife handling experience...at least he has finally accepted the fact he must eat approved food, and not the carcinogens he was being fed.
Taming him would be pretty much the same as with any animal that is not used to being handled. He has befriended Faith, a rabbit, and seems to be following her example.

Back