Lost our first litter

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntress86

Reaction score
Well as some of you guys know we were anticipating our first litter of siamese satins, but unfortunantly, while i was at work from 3 to 11, she had them out on the wire, and i found them beyond saving when i got home around 11:45. There were 8 large healthy kits, its such a shame. So.. very sad day...but these things happen..so I bred my other doe who is now a little over 6 months, so hopefully we will have christmas babies! I checked her down there, got the signs to go ahead, and had a successful breeding. So fingers crossed! Quick questions, when can i rebreed the doe that lost her litter? is there anything i should keep an eye on? any other tips are very appreciated!

Definitely rebreed the first doe, raising the litter is what takes it out of the doe not kindling. Was the first doe a first timer? Sometimes it takes a bit for their instincts to kick in.

i want to rebreed her as soon as possible really. yes they are both first time girls. i purchased a breeding trio in october and the recent mommy just happened to be older than my other doe so i chanced a breeding before it gets really cold out. now i have the other bred and im hoping i can breed the recent mother asap so i can foster if i have to.

Sorry to hear of the lost litter. Already got some good advise about rebreeding the doe.

Fingers crossed for Christmas kits!

Karen

I'm so sorry for your loss! It really stinks that this happens, but I guess it's just a part of raising rabbits. Hopefully your doe will do better the second time around.

thank you guys, i will be stepping out to rebreed her in just a few minutes! this is very exciting news, because i read online you have to wait one to two weeks.

huntress86":2vgfstnh said:
i read online you have to wait one to two weeks.

In a colony situation they get bred right away. :)

Now you'll have two Christmas litters! :p

this is such exciting news! i think it may be the best christmas gift this girl could get!!!! and thank you to NatureBunsRabbitry for the warm wishes, if i could cross my toes i would lol. and mamasheepdog, ohhh i cant wait!!! :D

Back