lost my bronze wing

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
Poor little finch. She went off food last week but we have no avian vets around and they don't travel well. We tried a feedstore antibiotic without luck. Got a different seed mix 2 days ago and she ate a little but she was sitting on the bottom of the cage. Still active and alert so I hoped once she digested the new seeds she'd recover. Yesterday morning she was inactive and closing her eyes. We got some honey down her, warmed her up, and then put her back. Today she was dead leaving our male all alone. I guess I should have let them breed. We decided birds just don't work for us so we aren't getting anymore. I will probably rehome the male to someone who has a flock or wants to setup a flock. He's a fairly rare species of finch.

Female is on the left, male on the right

Sorry you lost your finch. I used to raise and show Society, Zebra and Gouldian finches. I had one bronze wing pair but rehomed as they did not get along with my society finches. They are very pretty little birds.

Back