Lost my best doe

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cudaman68

Reaction score
Had a bad day yesterday I lost my best Red New Zealand doe. She had trouble with her delivery I had checked her and she was in active labor and went back out an hour later and she was face down in the nest box dead! Two dead kits that were mostly black around the back legs to the hips and then normal with the rest of the body was normal one kit was alive. I didn't know how long since she passed so I opened her up to try and save any other kits, she had a total of 15 but all the kits inside were gone already! I fostered the one live kit and it is doing good. Sad day! on a good note I do and 42 live kits and one doe due yet and the daughter of the doe that died had 12 kits today.

I'm so sorry cudaman68, that was a horrible thing to have happen. So sorry for such a big loss.

I am sorry. It is a sad thing when something goes wrong.

Glad you have a daughter from yours that is pregnant. Hope she has many kits and it is an easy delivery.

ah, that's nasty when you lose them during labour... you have to be right there or you lose them all right away.

Oh no, so sorry for your loss. It is unusual for a lager doe to have delivery problems, it's always more heartbreaking to me when they do, just because it is so totally unexpected.

Back