Loose ears or soon-to-be-lop ears?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitsOfTheCreek

Netherland Dwarf Breeder & Well-known Member
Reaction score
My current Kit (Netherland Dwarf) has had her ear tips curl down a little bit since about a few days after she opened her eyes, kind of like how an Angora's would. She's able to move them around just fine, but I haven't had a Kit do this before
I'm wondering if she just doesn't have the best 'support' in her ear tips because it's pretty easy to curl them inward with barely any force
IMG_20230601_215547312~2.jpg
IMG_20230607_123317540~2.jpg
IMG_20230607_123351492~2.jpg

My current Kit (Netherland Dwarf) has had her ear tips curl down a little bit since about a few days after she opened her eyes, kind of like how an Angora's would. She's able to move them around just fine, but I haven't had a Kit do this before
I'm wondering if she just doesn't have the best 'support' in her ear tips because it's pretty easy to curl them inward with barely any force
It's possible that she just doesn't have the best ear thickness, called "substance" in the SOP. Netherland Dwarfs carry 15 points on ears and common faults listed include ears that are thin, bowed, or carried in a wide "V." So it is not at all abnormal, just not ideal.

It's possible that she just doesn't have the best ear thickness, called "substance" in the SOP. Netherland Dwarfs carry 15 points on ears and common faults listed include ears that are thin, bowed, or carried in a wide "V." So it is not at all abnormal, just not ideal.
Alright, thank you!

Back