• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for rabbit buyers in or near, SD,NE,IA,MN

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pheasant283

Reaction score
Looking into expanding the herd a little. I am located in South Central, South Dakota looking for rabbit buyers near me so; South Dakota, Nebraska, North Western Iowa, & South Western Minnesota. Would also be interested in pooling with another rabbit breeder if they are located near me and sell to a rabbit buyer in the above mentioned areas.<br /><br />__________ Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:06 pm __________<br /><br />So there's been a little interest in this thread with 25 views. Soo is there anyone located near South Central South Dakota, that knows of any place to market fryer rabbits & would be interested in starting a pool to get fryers to market? I really think there is good potential in the rabbit fryer market. But unlike cattle, goats, sheep, swine, or poultry there just isnt an available local market. But the population of the US and the world is growing, & the available land and water is shrinking, which is where I think rabbit meat will fit into this sector or agriculture. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Finding a buyer for quantities of fryers is difficult. You may be interested in geting set up and licensed to process so that you can freeze and then sell to whatever local market you can develope for the meat. The USDA guidelines for small scale rabbit processing are not hard to follow- you just need some dedicated room. It can even be permitted if you have no city waste facilities available.

Latest posts

Back