Looking for fan recommendations

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaDani

Reaction score
I'm in south eastern VA and our summers are hot and humid. We're already having 80-90* days. :x I want to get some fans to help keep the rabbits cool. What would yall recommend? I'm especially looking for ones that won't break the bank.

This is part of our set up (the grow out cages will be near by but hubby hasn't built those yet)...yes, those are air fresheners. They were recommended to cut down on flies. So far they seem to be working!
100_2552-001_zps58d7f3c6.jpg

Well, you do not want to suck the hot, wet air into the rabbit area. You can get a box fan and place it where it only draws from a shaded area.
I've used many kinds of fans in the coop and dog room, dust ends up breaking them, no matter how well I keep them clean. Have box fans in the house, my mother still has her old box fan, running fine. Just keep them dry.

I use powdered lime, just sprinkle it over the soil that gets wet and poop on it. Helps to dry it and really does cut back on flies a ton!

I was thinking of putting the fan in the back right corner. I would need a fan rated for outdoor use b/c I don't think there's a way to keep it dry. I found one on amazon but I'd prefer not to spend $50.

Latest posts

Back