Look what I found in the grow-out hutch!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyctra

Reaction score
Excuse me, you're only 15. Spit that out this instant, lil missy! :evil:

((lol I saw her trying to stuff her dewlap in her mouth, so for the fun of it, I tossed some straw in.))

Attachments

• IMG_0083.png
    IMG_0083.png
    634.5 KB · Views: 348
She's with 2 right now. XD They're a tad late for freezer camp. Shame on me. I could hang onto her, see if she raises a litter or if this is a fluke; either way, she'd make a good roast.

Looks to me like shes ready to raise a family. Might get a good deal with babies outta her! Several for the freezer rather than one!

Nyctra":3dil4wgm said:
for the fun of it, I tossed some straw in.

I think you'd better toss a nest in there too. ;)

Do you have another cage to put her in? Or to move her cage-mates to?

I would keep an eye on the other does as well... you may have more for the freezer than you were expecting! :dinner:

She's the only doe, thankfully. XD Gotta wonder which buck did it, though.. >:I LOL

edit;
She doesn't wanna use the nest. Apparently she'd rather shove it back in this corner behind some wire instead. Which is also where they all like to squish into for some reason. :?

Attachments

• IMG_0093.png
    IMG_0093.png
    434.1 KB · Views: 326
If I take your 15 to mean 15 weeks, that's an awfully early maturing line.
You may want to save a buck and doe out of that line to raise some more early maturing meat rabbits.
Sounds like a win/win. Butcher or breed at 3 months old. WOW.

luvabunny":1pkw8ob9 said:
You may want to save a buck and doe out of that line to raise some more early maturing meat rabbits.

That right there. :)

I'm glad you spotted her.

I once went to buy a buck from a breeder, the youngsters were still with their mom and there was a new litter of dead kits on the wire. Someone had bred momma at a very young age.

Checked her over, didn't feel nothin'. Darn. lol I took her to the table by her mamma's cage, and I realized how dang biig she is! Looks like she's already the size of her mum. I thought black was supposed to be slimming! :eek: I couldn't weigh her, 'cause she's too big to fit in my weighing tub, meaning she's probably about 8lb or so. :?

ahh, she pulled fur and made a nice little nest in that corner, but no rabblets. Maybe it was a fluke. Maybe I'll hang onto her for a bit anyway... <_< >_>

You don't know when she was bred, if indeed she was... could be a false pregnancy, or she could be telling you she's ready, or she could be nesting early. I'd give her at least another week. :)

Even if all she's doing is telling you she wants kits, you could be onto an early maturing line. She's got some amazing size for her age! You may have some awesome genes coming together there!

Might want to keep an eye on one of those little bucklets, too! :mrgreen:

luvabunny":3b8tkku1 said:

One is taking a chance leaving even large bred does together with a buck.... almost any breed is capable of becoming pregnant much over 12 weeks.

A breeder near to me always breeds his NZW meat rabbits when they are a little over 4 months old.

Back