look what I came home to

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
after three days away holiday....

July192012113.jpg

three girls, two boys.

Blaze did well. :)

Adorable!

I do not need a Guinea pig, I do NOT need a Guinea pig, I DO NOT need a Guinea pig...

So cute !!! Nice number of babies also i've only seen them in twos & threes before. Newborns are so fascinating, it's like someone shrunk the adults.

Kyle@theHeathertoft":1bgmdkgi said:
MamaSheepdog":1bgmdkgi said:
Adorable!

I do not need a Guinea pig, I do NOT need a Guinea pig, I DO NOT need a Guinea pig...

Yes you do and you know it. ;) :lol:

Quit, Kyle! You know how this went with the LionHeads. :eek: I happen to know a young lady who shows G-Pigs, and she is local, so I don't need any enabling. :whistle: Got it? :nono:

Have you gotten an alpaca yet? Surely Daddy wont object- it could mow the lawn, and they are very low impact because of their squishy foot pads. :twisted:

I hear GPs are yummy, you could raise them for food..... then it wold be ok to have some?
Please dontt get mad at me for saying they are yummy

G-pigs were domesticated to be raised for food... no offense taken.

I can barely contain my Raging Rabbitosis- the last thing I need is Cavy Collectosis to become epidemic here!

I'd be happy to ship you down one of these darlings MSD. :) or you could come up for a visit.... (that actually might be quite fun).

Most of my sows have 4-5 in a litter, I breed for larger sows though. I've seen some mighty tiny piggies in the local area and I always wonder....how can they survive birthing??

I lost a sow this summer who had 9 in her I think it was....
The largest living litter I had was seven and they all did well though it was hard to keep them contained.

MAN!!!!!!!!

That's all I need....a bunch of guinea pigs!!! I've always had a fondness for those little rascals. Seeing them brings back a lot of pleasant memories.

I only wish they could stand the cold like the rabbits do. I'd have a "few" of them...........I know it.

grumpy

MamaSheepdog":3mqxisvt said:
Adorable!

Just breathe slowly and let it pass, Sistah.....lol!

:meditate: :meditate: :meditate: :meditate: :meditate: :meditate:

They are adorable, Ladys....

you should be able to handle guinea pigs just fine in missouri.

I keep mine outside 24/7 in the winter. All I do in the winter is add a 40 watt bulb and I rarely find them sitting under it. It mostly just adds a bit of heat and keeps their water from freezing.

NOW that said. You do need to acclimatize them to the cold. So the latest I can bring in a new guinea pig and expect it to survive the winter is September. I did last year get three given to me in February, and two of the three pulled through the winter just fine but we had an exceptionally mild winter. I had been told they were used to cold weather we lost was an older boar and and found out later the people lied.

MamaSheepdog":1ucbqxra said:
Kyle@theHeathertoft":1ucbqxra said:
MamaSheepdog":1ucbqxra said:
Adorable!

Yes you do and you know it. ;) :lol:

Quit, Kyle! You know how this went with the LionHeads. :eek: I happen to know a young lady who shows G-Pigs, and she is local, so I don't need any enabling. :whistle: Got it? :nono:

Have you gotten an alpaca yet? Surely Daddy wont object- it could mow the lawn, and they are very low impact because of their squishy foot pads. :twisted:

LOL, you know the irony is my dad asked me what I'd do if I had a pasture to put critters in, I said "starter flock of Icelandic sheep." He looked at me funny and said "I'd prefer Alpaca."

So maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe? ;) I could get an Alpaca for my dad for his birthday next month! Nothing says "HAPPY DAY OF YOUR BIRTH" like a cute little cria!!! (kidding of course, we aren't technically zoned for livestock here at my dad's house. Eek!)

Kyle@theHeathertoft":1vrm97pf said:
He looked at me funny and said "I'd prefer Alpaca."

Perfect! :p Isn't it time for him to retire, and move to the country? You could be the ranch hand... :)

MamaSheepdog":tq1mvchl said:
Adorable!

Im with Kyle :mrgreen: YOU DO need a Guinea Pig
YOU DO NEED a GUINEA PIG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :D :lol: :D<br /><br />__________ Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:14 pm __________<br /><br />MR PIG Says SO

Attachments

• Kits 052.jpg
    Kits 052.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 323
Sigh. Guineas are so cute, and I have an odd attraction to them, but I cannot stand the wheeking. I'm finding rabbits much more to my liking, as they don't shout at me when I take a few extra minutes to give them a treat. Now, if someone produced a guinea pig that didn't have vocal cords, I'd be all on board!

MamaSheepdog":3k1t78wl said:
Kyle@theHeathertoft":3k1t78wl said:
He looked at me funny and said "I'd prefer Alpaca."

Perfect! :p Isn't it time for him to retire, and move to the country? You could be the ranch hand... :)

LOL, he's been retired for a while now...too busy remodeling everything in sight to move. ;)

Bad Habit":1jic08pm said:
I cannot stand the wheeking.

That's what I miss about having piggies! :lol:

Kyle@theHeathertoft":1jic08pm said:
LOL, he's been retired for a while now...too busy remodeling everything in sight to move. ;)

Oh. Darn. Tell him to get the place all fixed up, pray for a conservative government, and take advantage of the ensuing economic boom to sell at a ridiculous profit! :p

LOL I get enough enjoyment of one of my best friend's little Neal. She is a cutie and enjoys to go out and popcorn with the bunnies out in the play pen. It's funny, my meanest does have ALWAYS taken to the guinea pigs! They run up like they are going to tear them to shreds.....then sniff and...lay next to them. CX

Back