Lola, Round 2

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SatinsRule

Reaction score
Lola, one of my Cal-factored black satin does, is going into "Mama Prep" again, complete with hay stache and everything. :cheer1: I'll take pics and post after the server move.

I'd prefer that she has 4-6 personally, but would be okay with any litter size as long as they're healthy and showable.

Nothing yet, huh?

I just had my first Satin litter yesterday. She had eight! :p

No babies yet, but she's still a few days from due date. She did this same thing the last time around, so I'm not really concerned. She is still at it, making sure the nest box is exactly the way she wants it. Anal retentive rabbits are like that, I guess :lol: :

IMG_0320 (640x480).jpg

IMG_0321 (640x480).jpg

I always smile when I see a doe with a haystache :)
I got a doe bopping around now, a week early and I laugh at her.

Your nest box is a drop down ? How do you like them ?

TwoAcreDream":16c8rs7u said:
I always smile when I see a doe with a haystache :)
I got a doe bopping around now, a week early and I laugh at her.

It's my first rodeo with the Sani-nests, so the jury is still out on it at Raso Conigli Farm. I'll wait until I've gotten a couple of litters thru them before I start singing praises about them. :mrgreen:

TwoAcreDream":8dl27smz said:

It looks like it is in the cage, not under it. That's how I use mine because I have an aversion to cutting the floors of my cages.

SatinsRule":8dl27smz said:
It's my first rodeo with the Sani-nests, so the jury is still out on it at Raso Conigli Farm. I'll wait until I've gotten a couple of litters thru them before I start singing praises about them. :mrgreen:

I use Sani-Nests and I love them. I think you will too. It is really nice to be able to open the front when the litter starts exploring but still has a hard time getting back into the nest.

I see that you are using the waxed liner. I used the ones that came with my order, and after that I cut cardboard to fit and zip tied it to the sides.

That got tedious after a while, so I bought a sheet of plastic wallboard (as seen in commercial bathrooms) and Hubs cut panels to fit the bottom and sides for me. I have different heights for the sides so I can adjust air flow according to the seasons. It is easy to clean between litters and very sanitary.

The only problem I have had with it was when I placed the bottom panel in the box itself. I had a couple of litters (kindled at the same time, and in the summer) that got splay leg because they kept moving the bedding so they had a cool area to lie on.

To solve the problem, I now ziptie the panel underneath the box. It costs me two zipties between each litter since bedding gets trapped between the wire and plastic so I snip the ties so I can clean it thoroughly... but that is a small price to pay for good legs!

Yeah, there was no way in the world that I was going to cut out the floors of my cages. They're stackers, and it wouldn't have gone over well at all.

Latest posts

Back