Local wildlife

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyldrose

Reaction score
We have crazy long winters here so I miss all the critters so here are a few pics of wildlife we have seen in the past few days!

Mr and Mrs Mallard ducks

Some of the Canadian geese and their babies in the creek near my house

The muskrat who lives in the same creek

A peregrine falcon :) He was circling the lake today looking for a snack! We heard the loons too but didn't see them

A wood frog, I can't go to the lake without catching atleast one!

That's it so far! I'll update when I get more :)

Here is the lake that the last 2 pics are from with some other "wild" animals :)

It's a spring fed lake, shockingly called Spring Lake. It's full of rainbow and brook trout so going to have to do some fiishing and is only an hour away from us.

Wyldrose, I love Alberta wildlife, its one of the reasons I live here.

I haven't had my camera out much recently, but in the last week I have, seen evidence of a local porcupine - in my dogs nose; smelt a skunk, heard a chickadee, a woodpecker, and a frog, seen deer, antelope and a young male moose, seen falcons, hawks and a Great Horned Owl, watched mallards, geese, and grebes, no ruddy ducks or pelicans this year though, and watched the thirteen lined ground squirrels running through the grass.

I've never seen a muskrat!

Every once in a great while, I will see Canadian Geese flying north, and it always gives me a thrill. :)

Wyldrose":28sf04ed said:
A wood frog, I can't go to the lake without catching at least one!

Did you happen to catch you any of them thar two legged critters?

Baby geese are growing up so fast!

Looks like Momma goose is looking for the thin ice!

And yep they leave that sign up all year, looks like the red wing black birds are using it as the toilet!

I love to see the geese, but not everyone in NC feels the same. There was a county park that just got permission to euthanize 144 Canadian geese because they are a "nuisance" animal here. I think it's awful!

Latest posts

Back