Litter trained to her food bowl

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunbun farm

Reaction score
I noticed that my doe's food dipenser didn't really go down like the buck's food dispencer and the food at the bottom looked funny so yesterday I dug in the food dispensers tray and all the pellets where mushy I smelled them and they reeek of pee to I took all of it out and put fresh pellets in and this morning they are mushy and reek of pee again what shoul d I doo :evil: :angry: :furious:

What kind of feeder are you using? Your rabbit should not be able to (easily) use their feeder for a litter box :p

Moving the food dish may help. I use crocks and if I put it in the wrong place for a picky rabbit, they might pee in it. It's like - "Hey that's my potty spot." So, I move it and the problem stops.

The feeder I use is a 7" bottom feeder w/lid that what the label says on it and I don't know how to post a picture

Bunbun farm":33wvpxwy said:
I don't know how to post a picture

We have two tutorials explaining how to do so:

attachment-tutorial-t5.html

picture-tutorial-t6003.html

From your description, it sounds like you have "J feeders". Try raising it up higher- about 6" from the bottom of the cage is a good height for a normal sized rabbit. If she is a dwarf, put it at 4".

I tried giving Coco a water dish and it seemed like the water level never went down. I came home one night and I found her peeing in the thing. :evil:

If you're going to try moving it or raising it (as opposed to changing to a different feeder), be sure to spray it with bleach or vinegar first, wait 10 minutes, and rinse thoroughly. You are more likely to break her of it if the feeder does not smell like urine.

Back