Lionheads

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cattle Cait

Reaction score
So...I've generally tried to stay away from these little buggers because they aren't ARBA recognized, but I saw a harlequin-dutch patterned Lionhead at a pet store and was smitten.

I heard that they were mean, are they?
Also, where are they on getting recognized by ARBA?

Lionheads are not any more mean than other breeds. There are some sweet Lionheads. Breed sweet rabbits and remove mean rabbits from the breeding program.

The last holder of the Certificate Of Development failed, the next holder takes over. Another 3 to 5 years of development.

I saw a photo of a Harlequin Lionhead on this web page
http://lionheadrabbit.net/gen%20gallery%20oldies.htm

It says Harlequin Lionheads were common in the first imports coming from UK.

Have a good day!
Franco Rios

Are liomeheads able to be shown? or is it onky at certain times, and then only by the holder of the COD?(Some idot on YAhoo indicated she raises and shows them ;"extensively"

From what I understand (which may be wrong but I don't think it is) if they pass their first showing with the ARBA to become a breed, anyone is allowed to show them as "exhibition" so long as they provide a copy of the current working standard to the judge at time of show, and they can't compete for Best in Show.

Figure that they pass their first showing at ARBA convention. The breed is allowed to be shown throughout the year. But then, if they fail their second or third (final) showing, they aren't allowed to show anymore and they start all over with their COD.

Again, I might be wrong, but I know this is at least very close!

so, therein lies the reason for so much variation- ithas not become standarized yet. Iheard that there were two varieties being worked on- erect of lop ears, and that the variety that passes will be officially recognized- the other will 'fall by the wayside' Ah well, I want to make Blue Eyed Coloreds!!(I am NOT being racist!)

I read that the new COD holder is doing VERY well and all three of the colors that she presented passed with flying colors, so they might just make it this time. I just got my ARBA magazine changed to my new address, otherwise I wouldn't have had to ask where they are on the COD.

I've seen pictures of the Lion Lops, but I don't see them going anywhere lol. From what I've heard this new person's got it in the bag!

they are pretty docile cait i have had a few in my petshop programs and they are always nice.

and in the SOP the lionhead section for exception reads as follows "Seperate Certificates of development will be issued for animals displaying wither lopped or upright ear carriage. Either or both ear carriages will be allowed to present under the provisions of the admission process for new breeds. whichever form of ear carraige that first achieves a succesful third showing will be the recognized version of the lionhead. At that that time, all presentation rights for the other version of eare carriage will be terminated and will not be allowed to continue presentation or gain recognition under the current ARBA rules. The same policy shal extend to anyother breed under development that proposes both and upright and lopped ear carriage."<br /><br />__________ Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:30 pm __________<br /><br />and Frosted Rabbits I have to say blue eyed coloreds would deffinatly make me consider raising them for more than petshop rabits

Latest posts

Back