lilac ermines- update

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
I finally get my lilac ermines. Should be a doe and buck. I sterilized 2 cages since Kido died of unknown causes. I'm debating how to quarantine in this crowded condo. I might just cover the cages in a sheet to hopefully block things. I can't put them near the chinchillas because they are even more sensitive to rabbit illnesses than rabbits. The kitchen is the only place without a chinchilla or rabbit.

akane":3jtrcmty said:
I finally get my lilac ermines. Should be a doe and buck. I sterilized 2 cages since Kido died of unknown causes. I'm debating how to quarantine in this crowded condo. I might just cover the cages in a sheet to hopefully block things. I can't put them near the chinchillas because they are even more sensitive to rabbit illnesses than rabbits. The kitchen is the only place without a chinchilla or rabbit.

Good luck!! :)

P.S. I used to love going to chicago but it is supper far from Pennsylvania XD

If you happen to find a REW Holland Lop, please let me know. (I also live near Chicago)

Thanks!

Little buck. He hasn't started to get his color yet.

Slightly bigger doe. The 2 pics of her whole body washed out but this one shows her color coming in. She has a big shed patch on her back.

Freebie buck. When I said I only had 1 buck left she offered me this silver marten. He was used for breeding, sent off to be a pet, and then returned when the owners moved. Apparently he has attitude to spare and will generally pee on whatever surface you try to make him stay. He's not aggressive though so I think he's worth trying out.

That little Silver Marten is adorable!! Wish I could find such cute little ND around here. The doe is very pretty, though I think she doesn't like the camera all that much. ;)

I drove 4hrs one way to get ermines and didn't look at the pedigrees very close. I was just putting them in kintraks and the 2 rabbitries on the sire side are the same 2 rabbitries my chocolate doe from 30mins away is bred from. :lol: I don't see any overlap in the exact rabbits used but who knows what's off the pedigree.

The little buck failed the movie watching bunny test by peeing on me and then wandering off. :p: I may email the breeder to see if she knows the rabbitry abbrev. my favorite little buck was from since it's on some of the pedigrees I got from her. I know they are far away. I had some people bounce them to me through various trips to shows but I don't remember the original city. <br /><br /> __________ Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:19 pm __________ <br /><br /> Ermine doe is now 2lbs 3oz and the buck is 1lb 8oz. Not sure how big they will get in the next 2months when they hit senior age. Their color has developped some. Getting ready to breed the doe soon. I have a 2lb 8oz chinchilla buck and a 3lb 3oz "otter point", then her brother. I'm thinking of breeding her to the chin for this litter but keeping a buck out of kuwa and snickers(chocolate) to breed to his sister.

I need to practice setting them up. The doe kind of did and then turned in to a bunny lump that wouldn't do anything.

Unfortunately Kuwa's side pictures washed out and I can't preview pics well since water got in the screen of my camera

Latest posts

Back