Lil up date and flooding

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowgirl9768

Reaction score
Well I have so good and some bad I'd like to share tonight.
I'll start with the good. You know that beautiful lion doe I got bred with the apon leaf BEW buck. She is due any day now!

Bad news.... I am land locked by flood waters.... Only one road out of our half of town that is so congested it has barely moved for hours. Flood water is less then half a mile from my house. 4 people died, houses ruined, friends horses lost in flood water, gas stations out of gas, water is of and sold out of every liquid at the store but lime and achohal....

For now we are safe from the actual flood waters.... Though very close to our house we are on a hill and the raining had stopped. The only consern is the ecoli in the water system and having no food or gas until trucks can get in and restock. We got enough food for a few days and have 500 gallons of water in tanks we managed to fill before the water was shut down. But how far does that much water go with two horses, eight lactating cows, bunnies, dogs, and 6 people.... Maybe a few days at that.... So just hoping the water gets back on by then!

Hoping they get it figured out soon for you. I'm south of you and the weathers been bad enough that some of the roads have been closed, by not nearly what you guys are getting your way. My angora breeder is up your way too, so I'm trying to keep tabs with her as well. The rain is supposed to hang around into next Tuesday from what I'm hearing, so I'll be sending good thoughts your way that things are okay.

PSFAngoras":12brp15f said:
Hoping they get it figured out soon for you. I'm south of you and the weathers been bad enough that some of the roads have been closed, by not nearly what you guys are getting your way. My angora breeder is up your way too, so I'm trying to keep tabs with her as well. The rain is supposed to hang around into next Tuesday from what I'm hearing, so I'll be sending good thoughts your way that things are okay.

If you know anyone in my area that needs a safe place (higher from the water) let me know. Also dogs or anything... We will care for pets for who ever needs it!

Stay safe!

I hope the water situation gets solved quickly so you and your animals have access to fresh water. :good-luck:

We are on a well, and are required to have a 5000 gallon tank full at all times in case of fire. Our well feeds directly to our house. We had to use the tank water during a power outage one time, so it is a good emergency reserve. You might want to look into getting a tank for future emergencies so you know that you can provide for yourselves and your animals for more than a few days.

Prayers sent your way Cowgirl. What a year this has been weatherwise! Its so sweet of you to offer folks and their pets refuge from the flood waters. Best wishes for you and yours! :)

MamaSheepdog":1klh0y43 said:
You might want to look into getting a tank for future emergencies so you know that you can provide for yourselves and your animals for more than a few days.

We have a large tank that is typical full that we keep on my grandpas property (witch is where we keep our cattle). But grandpa drained it just a week ago.... Do ask why... He has the start of Alzheimer's and does weird things.... As for a well... We have to Mitch sulfur in our area it would not be drinkable.<br /><br />__________ Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:53 am __________<br /><br />
AmysMacdog":1klh0y43 said:
Prayers sent your way Cowgirl. What a year this has been weatherwise! Its so sweet of you to offer folks and their pets refuge from the flood waters. Best wishes for you and yours! :)
Thank you for you prayers!

cowgirl9768":17u6gm4m said:
We have a large tank that is typical full that we keep on my grandpas property (witch is where we keep our cattle). But grandpa drained it just a week ago....

Oh no! What terrible timing! :eek:

cowgirl9768":17u6gm4m said:
As for a well... We have to Mitch sulfur in our area it would not be drinkable.

We have some neighbors that were unlucky enough to tap into sulfur when drilling their well. They had to buy a very expensive whole house filtration system so they could bathe without smelling like rotten eggs. :sick:

MamaSheepdog":bhw7jnfx said:
Oh no! What terrible timing! :eek:

We have some neighbors that were unlucky enough to tap into sulfur when drilling their well. They had to buy a very expensive whole house filtration system so they could bathe without smelling like rotten eggs. :sick:

Right! That is what we thought! We should have know to refill it right away but who would have known!
And yeah.... I couldn't imagen.... The smell of sulfur spring in all you water! Yuck!

Latest posts

Back