let's talk feeders

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
michaels4gardens":1lf83y92 said:
I had a doe with week old kits, that started to waste feed from a feed saver also, so-- I just gave her just a little feed each morning for a week, and when she scratched it out, she was left with filling up on timothy hay, after a week I put her back on normal ration, she has never wasted her feed again. If that had not worked - she would have been switched back to just root crops and hay, to raise her young, then sent to freezer camp. I try not to feed very much pellets, and usually only when I am working a lot of hrs, or in the winter when root crops run low. so-- for me ,wasting expensive pellets is not something I will tolerate. [even though technically they are not wasted with ducks and chickens under the cages ]

funny how they get the message and stop wasting. :D

Put those Bass Feed Savers on and haven't seen a pellet on the ground since.

Only thing I didn't like was how they attach to the cage with flimsy metal tabs that fold over the wire.

I drilled small holes in both sides and attached them with coat hanger wire much like the J-feeders hook on .... very secure attachment.

Even the digger hasn't wasted feed. Greatest thing since sliced bread.

WE started with FineX, but the screens get holes in them so easily, so we started replacing them with solid bottom JFeeders from Bass Equipment. They are only about $3.75 each. Just like the FineX but with solid sheet metal bottom. We do have to dump fines a bit, but at least there won't be any holes in them.

OneAcreFarm, Have you thought about drilling holes in the solid bottom to let the powder out? We have a couple that are drilled and it works very well (just need to make sure sharp bit so no burrs).

Silver Cloud":2wosyteu said:
OneAcreFarm, Have you thought about drilling holes in the solid bottom to let the powder out? We have a couple that are drilled and it works very well (just need to make sure sharp bit so no burrs).
Yes, that was the general idea, we just have not gotten around to it yet! LOL :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back