Let's name these buns

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyPocket

Reaction score
Hello everybunny.

I am home from school this entire week and finally have time to spend with my buns. I brought 4 of my "project" rabbits to house today for the first time. Boy, do these lil shy creatures stay shy for long :D . Anyways, they are F1 generation of my project of breeding double-maned meaties, so they are single-maned and I am keeping two. Only two, bcs, sadly, 3 of the litter are bucklings. Here are some pics. They are about 1 and a hlaf mo.
Sorry for lighting and "HD" camera.

So, I am keeping lil doe (first few pictures) Broken Chin Vienna Marked. I need name for her, I was thinking Petunia, but I want something that will work with her brother's name. As of bucks, I'm keeping the Pointed White Vienna Marked one. I wish I could keep Black Otter, he's magnificent, but he's a bit smaller and not Vienna carrier. The forth one, Slawek, is the smallest by far and is completely blind (opened his eyes last week).

So, I need names for Broken Chin Vienna Marked doeling and Pointed White Vienna Marked buckling. I'm welcoming all suggestions. Thanks in advance. For more info on my project you can visit my blog.

-Marko

Frosty and Snowman

Hansel and Gretel

P.S. I am curious why you are keeping the females to breed back to their smaller father ? I would keep the biggest buck and breed him to your meat rabbit does, then keep the biggest maned buck of that litter and breed him to a meat doe and so on until you get the size and then keep a few of his lion maned sisters to finally get double manes that are a large size :shrug:

Black - skunk
brown - porkchop
grey - smoky
white - wishbone

Just the first names that popped into my head looking at the pics. Don't ask me why. :?

Okay... they're all so adorable! :p

Let's just say that it's a good thing you don't live close to me... that first bunny has my name written all over it! :D

Thank you for suggestions. I settled on Petunia for a doeling, and buckling remains nameless.

Dood":2a1ulw5m said:
P.S. I am curious why you are keeping the females to breed back to their smaller father ?

Never came to my mind. Duhhh. I will be keeping the Otter to breed to Petunia and Nameless to breed with Nina. So I have two (sorta) different lines I can eventually cross and get the buns I want. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back