Labor saving poop chutes

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoodat

Reaction score
Since I first started building cages with poop chutes under them I would never build one any other way. The ones in the picture are bottomed with hardboard but next time I'll use the flat plastic panels Home Depot and other building supply houses sell for use on bathroom walls. They only cost a couple dollars more per panel and would be esier to hose down. Mine are hung on hooks so they are easy to remove for cleaning. If you can manage a steep angle like the one on the right they will be self cleaning but if you have to use less angle such as the one on the left they will need an occasonal scraping but that's still easier than hauling trays. The best part is that they put the bunny berries, urine, waste hay and feed all into a bin that makes it easy for use in the garden or compost heap.
3428_poop_chute.jpg

That's a great setup! I've got corrugated tin for poop chutes right now, but with the limited space between the chutes and the cages, they are difficult to clean. I told Shay I really wanted to replace them with flat chutes, and he said that'll be a fall project. :)

Wow I like that! I thought about getting rid of the trays for the big cages but didn't have enough room to tip the sheet toward the back or front which is what you typically see. i never thought of two ramps directly under like that. Thanks for posting the picture! The Rubbermaid container is a great idea, I have a boatlosd of those hanging around that are too dirty from being in the rabbitry anyways...

Latest posts

Back