La La La La Loooola!!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SatinsRule

Reaction score
Hard to believe that just a year ago, you looked like this:

IMG_0166 (640x480).jpg

And today, you're doing this:

IMG_0283 (640x480).jpg

They're due this weekend, and I cannot wait to see them, girl!!!

I hope she is one of those does that pulls fur and then kindles within hours!

:popcorn:

Try MINUTES, MSD. LOL!!!

There wasn't a shred of hair in the box first thing this morning. She went literally from pulling fur to dropping babies into the nest as we speak. The first one is officially in the box, and Lola couldn't care less about what else is going on around her.

Whoo-hoo! I love it! :p

I was so excited when I first started tracking my doe's kindling behavior, because fur pulling was a SURE SIGN of impending popples... but then the darn does switched things up, and I learned the only predictable thing about rabbits is their unpredictability. :roll:

I can't wait to hear what she gives you!

:congratulations:

Well, as best as I can tell, there are about 8 babies in the box. That's the problem with black satins. Once they're born and the fur is pulled, it can particularly difficult to count them, especially when the mom is grumpy and in the "now is not a good time to be messing with me" type of mood.

Well, I guess that means we will have to wait for popple pics. But that's okay- we can wait for that Satin sheen of fuzz to come in.

I'm really looking forward to seeing them as they fur out- I bet black Satins are absolutely striking!

Sounds like you got a nice big litter. I hope she feeds them well!

Ms Lola was able to put her angst aside long enough for me to get this pic of the nestbox. Somwhere in all that mess is 7-8 newbies:

IMG_0284 (640x480).jpg

All of them seem to be doing well. I noticed a little lump under an empty pine shavings bag on the floor this morning. Pulled the bag back and sure enough, one had managed to get out of the cage and nestled itself under the bag to try and stay warm. Cool to the touch, but squirming like a worm in hot ashes, and I simply put it back into the nest box.

I will NEVER order another doe cage without baby saver wire.

__________ Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:52 am __________

I guess Lola thought they looked a little cold: :lol:

IMG_0286 (640x480).jpg

As some of you might have already guessed, it's looking like I got a few blues in this litter. There are far bigger tragedies in the world, though.

Attachments

• IMG_0287 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0287 (640x480).jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 218

Latest posts

Back