knitting looms....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tm_bunnyloft

Reaction score
I love to crochet but I have absolutely no idea how to knit. Maybe someday I will actually learn.

But for now..............

I bought knitting looms from walmart. They are actually pretty cool. YOu can make all sorts of things with them too.

My mom has actual electronic sweater knitting machines. Now those things are amazing but way beyond me and my comprehension. I will stick to simplicity. Thank you very much. She did say that she would like to try some of my yarn once I actually start spinning some. I think it will be a while before I have any good enough to want to send her.

Anyways has anyone here actually used a knitting loom of any sort? What did you use and did you like it?
I need to gather details. (I drive my husband nuts with my need for details lol).

I made a hat for my toddler tonight and talk about easy. Wow. Maybe some day I will be able to use moms knitting machine.

Yep, I can knock out kids hats in about an hour, and adult hat in 1.5 hours. Depending on the length of a scarf and the gauge I'm working in I can do one in a day. It's totally cheater to use a loom, but I love mine!

not yet, i told myself I need to finish one project at a time. I would love to buy the electric sweater machine.

i crochet some, knit, and use knit looms some. i spin as well.

looms (round ones) are good for quick hats. i like using them with one strand of boucle yarn and one strand 4ply yarn. i like the contrast.
i got my looms at walmart too. the box with the few round looms of different sizes.
personally i just like them for quick hats and things. i taught myself to knit and now it drives me nuts that the stitches are so far apart.

i learned from youtube videos. if you want here is the playlist i made of videos i used to teach myself... http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=mh_lolz

i found that knitting is alot like crochet. in crochet you only have one stitch to hold and count for the ones you will need. in knitting you are pretty much using a different tool and holding all the stitches you need.

I may just have to learn to knit as well. My son stepped on the loom and broke it.<br /><br />__________ Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:12 pm __________<br /><br />There are a variety of stitches you can use. Some are actually quite close (tight).

i have yet to come across knitting loom stitches (other then the basic one) that made sense to me.

Latest posts

Back