KITS!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackrabbit

Reaction score
about two weeks ago I was expecting a few liters. And i did get a few. Heidi gave birth to 3 dead kits. Paloma did not give birth. TYNS gave birth to 6 fat healthy kits! Brandi gave birth to 7 (2 died) so 5! Juliet gave birth to 3 and they all died. And BRANDY did not give birth. Reyna gave birth to 7 and I ended up with a total of 18 kits who are doing well! I’ll post pix as they grow! And I also wanted to ask when you guys recommend to rebreed everyone?A3CE0997-DFF9-47E7-A1A9-8A5F056BBB41.jpegA72DF544-E6C9-45EA-8E56-44A8EF14B9FB.jpeg

Look at those CUTIES! 🥰

As for rebreeding, I like giving my does a bit of time to recover their bodies a bit, usually 2 weeks depending on her condition. If they have maintained good condition, you could theoretically rebreed immediately. If the bodies are skinny and drained from the pregnancies, I would wait until she has regained weight.

For the does that had dead kits, they can be rebred immediately (usually the next day they will be highly receptive). For the does raising kits it depends on their condition for rebreeding. For small breed does, I usually rebreed at six weeks post kindle. For larger breed rabbits, it depends completely on the does condition.

Wow! They are lovely! Personally I'm going for 8 weeks which would give me 4 litters a year if we choose to breed right through the winter.

Wow! They are lovely! Personally I'm going for 8 weeks which would give me 4 litters a year if we choose to breed right through the winter.
You have planned breeding times?
The closest I get to planned breeding a is breeding them at the same time or how many days to breed them for

You have planned breeding times?
The closest I get to planned breeding a is breeding them at the same time or how many days to breed them for
Yep I keep a calendar and a spreadsheet for forward planning. Then I'll review that after a year and see what went right and what went wrong and fiddle with the plan for the next year. I already have an idea when my breeding stock might retire and become cuddly old pet rabbits and the criteria for a kit to stay to replace them, who's selling Cali's nearby for new blood lines, when their vaccinations are due, how much grass can support the tractors without getting mowed into oblivion, where and when I can sell Cali's, all sorts of stuff.

Then I factor in that they are bunnies and not robots and lots of it goes out of the window :) but that's part of the fun for me. They're no here to make me money or fill the freezer but a bit of both would be nice as long as I enjoy doing it and they have a good quality of life.

Back