Kits on the way??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craneman54

Reaction score
This afternoon I noticed a few tuffs of fur in one of my does cages. She is next to the bucks cage so I figured he had pulled some fur out of her trying to get her. I just went out to the hutches to turn off the water pipe so they don't freeze tonight(Temp is suppose to get to the mid 20's tonight). I lifted the tarp so I could check on the rabbits and that doe had 1/4 of her floor stacked with fur she pulled. I put in a nest box and some hay. After checking out the box she started gathering some fur and hay in her mouth and going back and forth in the cage. Maybe I will have some wittle wabbits in a day or two. :D

Good catch Craneman, :D They probably wouldn't have made it without the warmth of the nestbox and hay, that fur is warm..... but getting chilled is a killer. :cool:

Thanks

Went and checked one more time just now. Still just 6, but all are alive and warm. She has them covered in fur, so all is good for now.

:gnight: Heading to bed. :)

Back