Kits in the Classroom- THE FINAL CHAPTER...UPDATE

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is an update for all who may be interested. The doe, hopefully pregnant, is happily settled in the class. She is getting used to people around, and happy in her quiet corner.

The children are enchanted and respectful, in awe of her size. They don't know she is pregnant and she is due over the weekend so if there is a disaster it won't be happening in front of impressionable youngsters.

She is nameless as of yet. The kids will have to come up with something interesting. Here she is!

8a1b490d3ac78a71a5fa9f02dbf353ca.jpg

Oh, she is lovely! What a beautiful golden color she has!

The class is going to be so excited when they come in and see the kits. Wish I could be there to see their reactions!

Schipperkesue":2u2facoh said:
Aglime. Check!

We have a product called stall dry here. Anyone use it?

Could Aglime be considered an issue in the classroom?

I love Stall Dry, it's just DE in a granule form so it's not dusty.

Double check though if you're setting up a worm bin, I'm not sure about the effects of DE on worms.

:popcorn: <br /><br /> __________ Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:10 am __________ <br /><br /> Sue???.....pming youuuuu...

So, no kits, but the kids love her! I brought her home today and plan to breed her again and give it another try. She is forgiven for missing...as she is still young.

Ah, too bad. But I love that she's a part of the classroom. Hopefully soon--and I won't keep bugging you to find out. :D

Love animals in the classroom. Some of the elementaries near me bring in dogs for Reading Time, and beginning readers share stories with them. There was a picture of a Reading Cat in the paper. Now,I love me some cats, bad (c)attitude and all, but this one cracked me up. Little kid eagerly reading to a big orange fluffy cat who is looking at the camera with a "screw you and your camera" look on its face. Luckily, the little kid didn't seem to care he was reading to Crabby Catty. A bunny might be a good reading companion (unless you're in high school--little embarrassing then: "Jeremy, please continue your calculus assignment and Lukas, go practice reading to the bunny.").

Did the science teacher take you up on the bunny poo/worm bins?

Well here is a update. I put the doe with a buck again a month and a week ago. Unfortunately I did not actually witness a breeding. As before she was a grumpy girl, but I left her with him a couple days in hopes for the best.

Well the kids were delighted to see her back. She was acting more maternal, more aloof with the students and when she started pulling fur and making a humongous nest I had my fingers crossed...even though she looked a little skinny and I couldn't feel anything. But she is big and a small litter might have been missed.

Today was the last day of school before Easter holidays and still no kits. I took her into the kindergarten class for a visit. They were all dressed like bunnies...too cute! The kinders loved her all day and today I took her home and put her back in with the buck.

WELL! You should have seen her. The grumpiness was gone, she was nuzzling his ears and within seconds, boom! A breeding and subsequent victory dance! I think three times is a charm here!

the reluctant farmer":2d1m5yar said:
A bunny might be a good reading companion (unless you're in high school--little embarrassing then: "Jeremy, please continue your calculus assignment and Lukas, go practice reading to the bunny.").

Ba-ha-ha!!! :judges: Ten points awarded for an amusing post! :p

Schipperkesue":2d1m5yar said:
A breeding and subsequent victory dance! I think three times is a charm here!

Whoo-hoo! About time! :gettowork: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny:

Latest posts

Back