Kit with eye problems

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel749

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help.
I have 8 kits but one of them developed eye issues pretty much straight away once opened.

I bought some over the counter stuff and it didn’t clear out so I took it to the vet. £90 later I was told it had some hairs pointing inwards that has caused an eye ulcer. They had pulled the hairs out and gave me some drops Ofloxacin 0.3% eye drops.

I have another app for a check up today but I it’s only got a tiny bit better and I can still see hair on the eye… it looks like A couple of the folicals near the eye have grown downwards naturally so I’m not sure how they can fix this ?
Any suggestions?
I don’t want to keep taking it back every 5 days and spending nearly £100 a time for 5 mins there!

Hi, totally understand. The chances are that unfortunately she is going to have to keep going to the vets. This must be so frustrating for you but it’s probably best

Wondering if anyone can help.
I have 8 kits but one of them developed eye issues pretty much straight away once opened.

I bought some over the counter stuff and it didn’t clear out so I took it to the vet. £90 later I was told it had some hairs pointing inwards that has caused an eye ulcer. They had pulled the hairs out and gave me some drops Ofloxacin 0.3% eye drops.

I have another app for a check up today but I it’s only got a tiny bit better and I can still see hair on the eye… it looks like A couple of the folicals near the eye have grown downwards naturally so I’m not sure how they can fix this ?
Any suggestions?
I don’t want to keep taking it back every 5 days and spending nearly £100 a time for 5 mins there!
Hard as it is to face, it would likely be the kindest solution to euthanize the kit. Unless the vet can offer a permanent solution, the kit will continue to suffer discomfort and the stress of constant vet visits and you will suffer financially. There is also a strong possibility that this problem would be passed long to any offspring if the kit were allowed to grow up and breed.

To me, the sensible and responsible solution is to put a painless end to its life and suffering -- and I strongly suggest you consider it.

I totally agree with everything Maggie said. You should consider euthanizing the poor little critter so you save money and put an end to his suffering. But it’s your decision!

Latest posts

Back