Kit stuck

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ncrabbit

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I came home from work and one of the 2 week old kits had its back leg stuck in the bottom of the cage. I don't know how long it was like that. Sometime after lunch. It got excited when I approached the cage and jerked it loose. It will not walk on it and basically just lays on the hay. I picked it up and felt around the leg and it never squealed so I'm not sure how bad or if it is even injured. I guess I'll just wait til morning and check on it unless someone has some advice.

That is the second kit stuck in a cage floor to be reported on here recently.
:(
It's possible that the joint could just be sprained. I'm not sure what you can do for it. Maybe willow bark for pain. Willow is thankfully one of the few plants kits seem unlikely to have a bad reaction to. Hmm, and make sure food and water are easy for it to reach..

I would keep an eye on it to make sure it is getting nursed. As Zass, said willow is an option for nibbling on for pain.

I had to put down a kit a week or so ago due to this same thing happening. The kit's leg was...destroyed, compound fractures, really ugly. Hopefully your little one is not injured badly and can make a full recovery. *fingers crossed*

Well I just got home and all seems fine. I put a black mark with a sharpee last night and he/she seems fine. I took all 8 out in the grass today and they were all running and jumping around. I have a patch of clover in the yard and they loved it. Guess I got lucky this time.

Latest posts

Back