Kit Pee

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, so my litter of 9 Calis is doing GREAT. They're all covered with velvety white fur, their mom is a total CHAMP with her first litter, and everything is going well.

So, we're outside checking on the kits and my daughter asks if she can take one inside to show everyone. I pick a fat one (4.5oz on day 5 at noon), give my daughter a glove to hold it in, and off she goes. Inside the house, the kit peed. Daughter comes back out with a wet glove and giggles. So, I drag out the rest of the kits and weigh them (ranging from 3.25oz to 4.5) and inspect the hay and fur under them. It's dry. It doesn't stink. Kits don't stink.

Where is the rest of the pee going? :detective:

Ha! Reminds me of what happened to hubby last weekend. We have 4 huge fat ones in this litter, and he picked one up and was talking to me, and a stream of pee at a velocity I never knew a baby bunny could produce, hit him square in the chest. It reminded me of that Doritos commercial, with big foot on it, when they put his hand in the bowl of warm water and it was like a fire hose dosed that guy. I think I am going to name the males in this litter sasquatch, big foot, and whatever other names there are for big foot. As far as where the pee goes I have no idea. I have cleaned out the nest box twice and while a tiny bit damp, it does seem like it would be wetter than it was.

Latest posts

Back