Kit in trouble

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celice

Reaction score
I have the one doe that kindled 9 4 weeks ago and today I brought in one that seemed a little hot and gave it some cool water. Now many hours later I have it in my lap and she's slow, not wanting to move, and teeth grinding. Not sure what's wrong with her. she seems to be breathing fine with long and deep breaths so I don't think she got water in her lungs. But eyes and nose is watery.

But I wonder if it wasn't a red ant bit. I've had trouble with that before; what do you guys think? suggestions?

I don't think she's going to make it. So, I'll leave her inside the house so her littermates will not bother her and see what happens.

If you have it willow branches contain a natural pain reliever..or depending on her weight you can try low dose aspirin... If she was bitten there should be a raised welt feel around for a hot spot. I know raw onion on a bite will help to draw out the poison. .Here we use a paste of unflavored meat tenderizer on scorpion stings to neutralize the poison, I have been told that it helps with ant bites and spider bites too. I don't know if it is true but if she is going down hill it can't hurt.
She may be suffering from heat stroke, if she is still drooling and seems dizzy..heat exhaustion leaves you with a massive headache .. electrolytes like pedelite syringed into her mouth will help with dehydration faster than water. you can make your own I think it is just water, salt and sugar...let me look it up...

katiebear":r8pd9cfq said:
If you have it willow branches contain a natural pain reliever..or depending on her weight you can try low dose aspirin... If she was bitten there should be a raised welt feel around for a hot spot. I know raw onion on a bite will help to draw out the poison. .Here we use a paste of unflavored meat tenderizer on scorpion stings to neutralize the poison, I have been told that it helps with ant bites and spider bites too. I don't know if it is true but if she is going down hill it can't hurt.
She may be suffering from heat stroke, if she is still drooling and seems dizzy..heat exhaustion leaves you with a massive headache .. electrolytes like pedelite syringed into her mouth will help with dehydration faster than water. you can make your own I think it is just water, salt and sugar...let me look it up...

It maybe heat stroke she seems to grind her teeth when I touch her head. I just gave her a tiny piece of aspirin; she's not chewing it so I'll just let it melt in her mouth. She seem's like she's got a little more energy. But we will see.

I found the electrolyte solution Mama sheepdog posted...
1 liter water
1/2 tsp.salt
8 Tbsp.sugar
mix it all up it will keep for 24 hours in the fridge. Got to get her hydrated..it is your best bet at this point...

Zass":1ram6ujx said:
How is the little one, Celice?

she seems cold. though that can't be possible since it's so warm outside. She was doing better last night so I put her back with her siblings and this morning she's all curled up like she's cold. No quite sure what's going on now...

Susie570":2f1w6m1m said:
Did the kit make it?

she did~ but then she squeezed out of a hole in the fence and got out. I haven't seen her since last week.... :angry:

Latest posts

Back