Kindling help *sorta graphic*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FluffleFarm

Reaction score
So our first mama had her litter this morning, she had 8. She’s doing great.

The second, Honey, is not so much. Idk if she ate them or if this is a normal amount of blood…

she’s got blood on her hiney/tail and I can see she ate at least 1… I have no idea how many/if she had any before. Is 1 normal? Should I be watching her like a hawk? Seemingly this happened at least 3.5 hours ago. I thought kindling took less time from start to finish?

Attachments

• 1DAFA1B0-C805-44BC-9294-19B13A3AFFBA.jpeg
    1DAFA1B0-C805-44BC-9294-19B13A3AFFBA.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 16
  • C790DF5A-DA25-48D0-984B-F3D8E1AA636D.jpeg
    C790DF5A-DA25-48D0-984B-F3D8E1AA636D.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 15
  • D87DE070-5D65-4C60-9041-39922851DB1C.jpeg
    D87DE070-5D65-4C60-9041-39922851DB1C.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 14
she's a small doe, one might be all she wrote. And if a singleton might have been big, and if this is her first litter, potentially born dead. Eating them is their way of cleaning them up. if you weren't there to see, assume it was born dead, and in a couple of days (once she's no longer bleeding) breed her back and you'll be more likely to increase litter size making the next litter easier to have.

Recently, my doe Cinder have roruble having a kit. She had one big one and it didn't make it.

Small rabbits only usually get 1-3 kits normally

she's a small doe, one might be all she wrote. And if a singleton might have been big, and if this is her first litter, potentially born dead. Eating them is their way of cleaning them up. if you weren't there to see, assume it was born dead, and in a couple of days (once she's no longer bleeding) breed her back and you'll be more likely to increase litter size making the next litter easier to have.
Thanks! I actually went back through the video I had and saw she had it super early this morning and I just didn’t see any blood. I think I was so happy to see she built her nest and pulled fur that I missed it.
And the baby didn’t move so I think it was dead.
Another doe I have kindled this morning with 8 and she’s the same size but I know she’s had babies before (I also have some of her kids).

Recently, my doe Cinder have roruble having a kit. She had one big one and it didn't make it.

Small rabbits only usually get 1-3 kits normally
Ok so that must be it then. It’s been quite a while since she had it turns out. About 12 hours now. So I bet it wasn’t alive. And it did seem a bit larger based on the video. She also didn’t clean herself up all the way so I bet she’s just traumatized.

She was hopping on and off of the nest box and eating/laying around like normal.
Sometime yesterday she had another kit which must have explained the continual slight bleeding.
Now I’m worried to leave the singleton alone 😳 but she pulled tons of fur for it. And she fed it last night… Here’s to hoping!

She was hopping on and off of the nest box and eating/laying around like normal.
Sometime yesterday she had another kit which must have explained the continual slight bleeding.
Now I’m worried to leave the singleton alone 😳 but she pulled tons of fur for it. And she fed it last night… Here’s to hoping!
You could always take one or two of the kits from the larger litter and foster them with the singleton 🤷🏼‍♀️

Latest posts

Back