Kids these days... Is there any hope?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
You've heard the complaints... kids today are lazy, lack initiative, don't know how to do much of anything at all except play video games and text on their cell phones... they are spoiled and think of only themselves.

Well, good news! That is not the case here at Chez MSD!

***Warning: Epic Mommy Brag about to ensue.***

Firstpup has been working with his dad installing a tongue and groove wood ceiling in our neighbor's log cabin home. While the boys were away (two of them anyway), and I was at play with the rabbits, Queenpup and my youngest son Colliepup were busy in the house. They thoroughly cleaned the kitchen, doing dishes, cleaning counters, and mopping the floor. We have a really big kitchen, too!

Not only that, but they made a spectacular meal for all of us!

Queenpup made a batch of homemade tortilla chips for an appetizer:

IMG_0127.JPG

Colliepup, who is ten, made our first ever BBQ'd bunny, slow cooked under a dome shaped BBQ lid, using oak wood for a delicious smoky flavor:

IMG_0124.JPG
IMG_0125.JPG

Queenpup also made a lovely salad, individually plated and chilled in the fridge for several hours:

IMG_0129.JPG

She also made baked potatoes with fresh chives from the garden, but I forgot to get a pic of that...

For dessert, Firstpup made vanilla ice cream to go along with the homemade from scratch- no mix!- :p carrot cake made by Queenpup:

IMG_0130.JPG
IMG_0139.JPG

Just in case that wasn't enough to satisfy one's sweet tooth, she and Colliepup also made oatmeal raisin cookies, also from scratch:

IMG_0136.JPG

So, what do you think? :popcorn: Is there hope? :p

Thanks! I love, love, LOVE my "pups"! :D They are truly a blessing, and just plain nice people in their own right. I would be thrilled to know them even if they weren't my own dear children. (Biased? Me??? Nevah!)

They have turned out so well (so far! :roll: ), that I wish I'd had a dozen... but that plan was nixed by Hubs! :lol:

The rabbit was juicy and tender- we were all very impressed! Colliepup was a little irritated that part of it got a bit blackened, but oh my, was it delicious! :dinner:

I've got some spare cash and spare bedrooms. It would be a breathe of fresh air to have some mannerly, hardworking youth around,might restore my faith in the future.

I'm not sure how it happened, but my invitation to dinner MUST have been misplaced :p

*waits patiently for another invite*

Children are so often a reflection of their parents and upbringing. Sounds like the case here to me.

Yeah, well...well....2 of my kids give me poopy diapers and the other 3 give me headaches! So ha! Beat that....

Seriously though, kids are truly wonderful to have. They can bring both the greatest sadness and the greatest happiness in a parents life. Fortunately we tend to forget much of the sadness since the happiness can surprise and delight us to such an extent that it stays forever.

Congrats on raising such wonderfully charitable children!

sound like you have done a great job with your youngins.
you should be proud of them and yourself.

the dinner looked great, when ever they want they can have free run in my kitchen. LOL

Lovely nicknames for lovely kids! My 3 are all grown now, and it may sound odd, but of all the scholarships and jobs and what have you, the thing that makes me proudest of them is . . . they all LIKE each other! One is on the east coast, one near me on the Gulf Coast, and one in Chicago, but they chat and laugh regularly. Looks like yours also enjoy working and laughing together. Good on ya!

:congratulations:

That's amazing! I do ever so hope when I have kids later on down the road that they inherit my ability to try hardest to treat everyone equally wether it's to someone who is actually nice or a crazy old coot lol old man never stops causing trouble at the vision center haha. And I hope they'd inherit either my boyfriends culinary skills or maybe my grandmas? Seems to have skipped me :? Lol great job with your kidlets! Feel free to brag some more it also may help my views on the future of some of society. Cuz other then that society seems pretty dreary.

Latest posts

Back