Kicking out foundation stock

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack

Reaction score
Yeah, so I'm setting up a friend a breeding trio
one is a old doe that's been passed around like a used 20, and shows up in pretty much every pedigree up here
one is a cull (injury makes him unshowable) but he was too cute to cull, so I kept him around for his genes
last is a doe I'm tossing in as a out

here's the BUT
John Soper was up this weekend for a show and looked at the doe, and basically said he'd take her if it was so much to ship
so now I'm broken, sucks, I know she's a good rabbit, she has legs Maybe a GC, there is a show from last year that's floating)

I have other does but only one in my current show line up thats competitive.
sucks

Which doe did he like, Nitemair, or the other one?

It's hard to let go of Frank (Nitemair's son) because of his color, head and ear, but his type is so lacking...I still haven't gotten a replacement with a wrap like his, though, but I haven't bred anything back to him, either.

um, yeah it sucks
actually it isn't type or head or really color (unless you like the european standard like Mairs does...)
its consistency, that's what she kicks out, but I have a cross of hers that has AWESOME top color, really really amazing with sheen when it's in condition
but when it's not, it's dull orange fluff, but when it's in, it's in.

How ever, many if not most don't get the color and carry her type and head
but from those I've got some of my best rabbits.

Oh, the one he liked was from my middle line crossed back non SC side, and nitemare in the background.

No, I don't have any of yours, either.

But I had a doe out of a buck you got from Fairbanks, so our lines overlap there and from the Sunrise stock.

Oh, I heard that you got Tina's rabbit cause her husband is allergic
I saw her up for sale, but didn't realize that that it was one of mine

oh, ho, do you have any does?
kuz you said you had too many popples

No, I have 5 does, 5 bucks right now. Only one litter on the ground, though. One of the does is a junior, one is old. Two preggers, one with litter. LOL

I really need to narrow down my bucks...but it will be fun to have something to show when all of my does are pregnant this spring!

Latest posts

Back