Keep collecting eggs or start to incubate?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drowe005

Reaction score
Ive got a few Chukar eggs so far and am unsure of whether to put them in the incubator now or wait until I have a few more first. My only option is storing them at room temperature ranging from 71-73 F and humidity of around 50%. Am I going to harm the eggs storing them like this or is it ok? Should I just put them straight to the incubator as I collect them now? Thanks

It's been a while since I've incubated any eggs, but I would think that as long as you rotated the eggs several times daily, you should be able to store for a short time until you had a clutch large enough to incubate. As I'm sure you know, if you put them in as you acquire them, you're going to have staggered hatches, and associated problems of chicks of different ages.

This is actually my first hatch and Im a first time bird owner as well. What are the problems of having chicks of different ages? Something to do with having these different ages housed together such as injury to other chicks?

You can store them up too two weeks, after that the hatch numbers go down sygnificantly.

Latest posts

Back