Kedusha had her foxy kits! Color help? UPDATE 15th! Pictures

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secuono

Reaction score
I bred Kedusha on August 10th, took her to three bucks and none could get her to lift. So took her to the last buck, Cad Bane and she was more than impressed with him, lol. Right afterwards, she got grumpy and upset, a good sign.
Noticed she was awfully round looking yesterday, so gave her a nest and hay. Went out today with my new pup, Kotan, so he could sniff and meet the chickens and rabbits. Went to feed the buns and noticed a hole in the nest!
She had 2 inside the nest and two right outside of it on some hay. Put them into the nest, finished feeding and got the pup back into the house so I could get pictures!

She has 4 total, I'll feel her for any later tonight. One is white, 1 is black, 1 seems blue and the last might also be blue or black, can't tell.
In a few days I'll get better pictures of them in sunlight, but I don't want to stress the new mom. She fed them, so hope she will keep feeding!
And yes, they are Whippoorwill farm parents, thus the white Fox kit.

The proud mom!
image.php

The little cuties!
image.php

Thanks!!!

Mom has mainly black, a blue and a white in her pedigree. Dad is mainly black with one white in the ped.
The second from the top looks to be blue, surely lighter than the others, but who knows. Had mutts that looked lighter than black end up black in the end...lol.

Kedusha is gorgeous!

I see three blacks and am wondering if the white is a blue. It doesn't look pink except on the belly, but maybe that is the lighting. My blue Rex are born with blue skin, though... so I guess you will have a couple days wait before knowing for sure.

Congrats on the litter!

I used flash, the white one is very pink. Went out to check on them and the 'blue' is obviously lighter than the other two dark ones. Might take a few days to know for sure.

I'll go out and get another pic, mom doesn't seem to mind me. This pic was from the earlier set.
image.php

__________ Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:54 pm __________

Sunlight is key to real colors, lol. Glad I went back to check, white/lilac?? one had a poopy butt. Camera still doesn't show their real color, but might be closer now.
image.php

image.php
<br /><br />__________ Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:55 pm __________<br /><br />Such weird shades of who knows what colors!
Do those pics help?

I still think 3 black and one blue or lilac.

The skin tone is odd on the light one. Here is a pic of a blue Rex (on right) with blacks and broken blacks:

IMG_8477.JPG

This pic of Beveren kits looks similar to what you have, though, so it must be different according to breed:

IMG_0452.JPG

Here are the Beveren when furred out:

IMG_0894.JPG

=D
Will be fun to find out in a few days!
She fed them this morning!

__________ Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:31 pm __________

Looking more like a lilac today, others are looking more dark and black.

__________ Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:02 pm __________

Still feeding them, second great first time mom. =D
This one went tumbling away from me, so this was the best pic of it. Lilac??
image.php

image.php

__________ Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:54 pm __________

Since there is no chocolate in the background, lilac isn't possible, right? So it's some weird overly light blue....<br /><br />__________ Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:18 am __________<br /><br />Looking more sable now...lol

image.php

image.php

There still could be chocolate, the white could have easily been a chocolate. I have no chocolate on my Rex peds, but I have a white and have gotten lilac and chocolate kits from otters.

Anyway, that recent pict does look shaded. It looks alot like my tort hollands did. That would be problematic.

Well, the mystery kit has changed even more! The shine on this one is amazing!! It looks more solid in color, too.
I'll get pictures tomorrow. I found out my potatoes did grow and went crazy digging them up until it was too dark to see!

Mom's fur is more like a satin than a fluffy fox, she doesn't want the camera to see that. lol, she turns as soon as she sees the camera to face me.
Baby pictures from this morning!
image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

Bella was not impressed I was taking pictures so early in the morning!
And yes, she is guilty of chewing and ruining that wall behind her, spilling paint and shredding stuff and leaving it on the deck.
Somehow she is all clean and shiny today, usually she's brown all over like her spots!
image.php
<br /><br />__________ Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:18 am __________<br /><br />Remember that one 'black' kit that didn't look very dark to be black? Well, it's back to being weird colored!
Mystery kit has changed a lot as well! They are now 12 days old and eyes are opening!!

Current thoughts on what this color is? Who cares what the parents are at this point, what would this color be called?

1376573_639047369462108_496811687_n.jpg

1208858_639047342795444_1977169410_n.jpg

1234108_639047356128776_1176163739_n.jpg

1236834_639047386128773_1055609367_n.jpg

1374249_639047399462105_1450739753_n.jpg

Hey! None of them look black anymore! :shock:

That pic of naughty Bella is priceless. :lol:

"Hmm... what should I destroy today? So many choices..."

Latest posts

Back