KBtatts Tattoo Pen?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
I know a lot of people said they were ordering them, but I don't think we heard much back as to what they're like.

I've never done any animal tattooing before, would this be a good pen for a first timer?

First time I've heard of it but it looks easy enough to use. Will keep it in mind if I ever decide to do tattoo's.

I like it well enough. Since I haven't had any litters, I haven't been able to do more than three tats so far.

Just wondering if you had received and used the kbtatts tattoo pen yet. I was looking at purchasing one and looking for some feedback.

Thanks in advance,
Cinnabuns

I'm still waiting to really try it out, it will probably take a year of use before I know how it holds up.

I just got a KBtatts pen. My tattoos don't look as good Ducks but at least the Judge's were able to read them. I liked it for fixing my clamp tattoos.

I had good results my first time using the pen, but the 2nd time everything came out looking like garbage. When I retried it later, it worked well again. I think I might have put the needle too far down the 2nd time.

I love this tattoo pen. I wouldn't know a good pen from a bad pen anyhows - never did tattoos before this pen. :oops: But I love it. So easy and simple. And the parts are cheap to replace with fast shipping. The owners are very friendly too.

I bought a bunch of needle replacements with the original pen order. I was told to replace the needles every 12 rabbits or so. Goodness my first day of tattooing I did all CupCakes babies an the dog and cat !!! :p

I honestly think it's not that painful for the animal either because I did these tattoos all by myself - I have a big dog. The rabbits didn't give much of a fuss. I was thinking when I did my first rabbit I would need two people because the rabbits wouldn't like it much. I was surprised to say the least. My dog didn't even care what I was doing after I held her to the ground. :mrgreen:

I think they look ok (my 5 kinda looks like an S on this one though I think the numbers are harder than the letters)- next round of tattoos I'm going to make the numbers and letters larger instead of thicker.

26349_486351858088872_1848226382_n.jpg

update: We ended up purchasing the KBtatts pen and my husband did the tattooing on 5 of our rabbits and it seemed to work out well. We had never used a pen before and it was his first time trying to tattoo a rabbit but it turned out nicely. The first attempt was a little rough but I think he just didn't know how hard to push down. By the end it seemed to go a lot smoother.

It's all the same pen, all can be learned how to use it for a perfect tat. Some are more pricey because of the metal parts, but knowing how to use it is more important than fancy things that just jack up the price. JMO

Mine just came in. We have no litters yet, but I'll be ready for them when they arrive. We have a pet mutt rabbit that I might tattoo to get some experience.

Mine's fine, except I've emailed the creator several times about ordering new needles, to find out if I need to pay extra shipping, and have not received a reply. I do sometimes have a bit of an issue making sure the needle is in the right place, though.

The creators are actually in my 4H group. Well the daughter is, in our livestock council. They will be coming to show my kids how to do the tattoos sometime soon

Latest posts

Back