Just wanted to share.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So cute. I love beagles!!

I should get some pictures of my rabbit meat eating dogs hanging out with the bunnies and prove to the nay sayers that eating raw does not make your dog vicious!

Aww, tubsy wants to play with the fluffy bunny! Or maybe the doggie stole the buns carrot?!

We have a puggle (pug/beagle cross). He loves "his babies". He has to check on them. Once they are adults, he doesn't seem interested in them, but as babies he loves them. We are very careful, since he didn't get along with our cats, but when he is sitting at your feet whining while you are checking on babies, it is almost more than you can take. As soon as you lower a baby for him to see and snif, he starts licking it and is happy as can be. Dogs are funny!

I need to get a picture of the shepherds greeting the buns. Except it doesn't look so innocent :)

We have one thats the same way....loves babies...ignores adults :p
image.php

image.php

Aww! What a good Beagley-Beagle!

The bunny matches your rug. :)

Does he have a name yet?

Dood":r51g672s said:

I should get some pictures of my rabbit meat eating dogs hanging out with the bunnies and prove to the nay sayers that eating raw does not make your dog vicious!
Wut? I've heard that of feeding them gunpowder, but RAW food? Idiots. I feed my dog (a Boxer or Rhodesian Ridgeback, we're unsure) raw meat almost every time I prepare food. He's afraid of BUTTERFLIES.

Happy":8z4g0a6j said:
Dood":8z4g0a6j said:

Wut? I've heard that of feeding them gunpowder, but RAW food? Idiots. I feed my dog (a Boxer or Rhodesian Ridgeback, we're unsure) raw meat almost every time I prepare food. He's afraid of BUTTERFLIES.

Who on earth feeds their dog gunpowder?!

TerriG":2b8ofbpp said:
We have a puggle (pug/beagle cross). He loves "his babies". He has to check on them. Once they are adults, he doesn't seem interested in them, but as babies he loves them. We are very careful, since he didn't get along with our cats, but when he is sitting at your feet whining while you are checking on babies, it is almost more than you can take. As soon as you lower a baby for him to see and snif, he starts licking it and is happy as can be. Dogs are funny!

Our Beagle/Cattle Dog does that too. We have one brood doe whose cage is very low to the ground, and Gus will sit and cry and cry the whole time I'm out feeding until I open the door to the cage and he has to jam his face in and sniffle-snarfle the babies. Brood doe no longer even gets out of her lounging position to bother with him anymore.

Ahhhh yes I remember the gunpowder thing when I worked for the vet. It was supposed to make your dog more aggressive and/or hunt better. :)

Thanks for sharing! You have a "Bunny Watcher" too! Have loads of pics of my Bunny Watcher with all his bunnies. And now that we have Fawkes, it's just a hoot to watch both of them play together. Rabbits are truly amazing. They have no problems with making friends with other animals. Dogs, cats, birds, you name it.

Karen

Mary Ann's Rabbitry":3lz7akjh said:
amybart4570":3lz7akjh said:
Ahhhh yes I remember the gunpowder thing when I worked for the vet. It was supposed to make your dog more aggressive and/or hunt better. :)
I was told it was a natural dewormer.

I've never heard of either of those- but I bet black powder would work quite well as a wormer since it is mostly sulfur, with some charcoal and potassium nitrate (saltpetre).

Its interesting to see the things that have been passed down from generation to generation as "remedies" for this and that. Like the gunpowder, who knows how many different ways/uses its had.
Another one I've used with good results for earmites in rabbits,although I've never heard about it outside my area, is 5 parts mineral oil and 1 part Campho phenique. Works like a charm. An old school remedy I picked up 25 years ago. Anybody ever heard of or used it?

amybart4570":d98zxjiq said:
Another one I've used with good results for earmites in rabbits,although I've never heard about it outside my area, is 5 parts mineral oil and 1 part Campho phenique. Works like a charm. An old school remedy I picked up 25 years ago. Anybody ever heard of or used it?

I believe Hoodat uses straight campho phenique. The oil smothers the mites, and the camphorated phenol relieves the pain and itching.

Latest posts

Back