just wanted to say

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
happens, or so I've been told.....
loudly repeatedly, and gees... all I did was ask if she needed something (wife)

lol, I was wondering about you. Hope you feel better quickly! Good thing there's a baby at the end of this year of misery, huh?

yep!must be twins, lol. A freind always assured me that being sick meant a healthy baby...at any rate, at least its temaprary! Is the baby going to be a surprise, or are you finding out what it is?

My last made me way sicker than my first(both girls, but 7 years apart)--I was shocked when I actually threw up rather than just feeling miserable--I was DRIVING! Then it became an hourly ritual--yuk. Four months in I just looked up and thought "whew!" and it was over. Hope it quits sooner for you!

Mine was the opposite. My first, I had Hypermesis G. I lost forty pounds in three months. Each baby since then has been a little easier.

we will find out we always do LoL i cannot stand waiting. I have been toldit ends between 10-12 weeks thats when my other 2 ended but i have my doubts with this one

I had hyperemesis g. with both of mine. It started very early with my first, and even earlier with the second. It didn't end until they were born. With ILoveBunnies, I was threatened with bed confinement if I didn't start gaining weight. A friend lent me a Nintendo system, and it helped me keep from throwing up so often because it kept my mind off of how I felt. With Bunny-Wan Kenobi, I had to find something else, because I didn't want to neglect ILoveBunnies! I tried the medicine the doctor gave me (Phenergan), and it made me feel horrible.

I did some research online, and found that taking a Unisom and a Vitamin B6 every day was giving some ladies relief. So, without asking my doctor (I was afraid he'd say no), I tried it. It made it so I could function. The nausea wasn't totally gone, but it was greatly reduced. Unisom is a medicine to help you sleep, so I took the combination before bed. Unisom is actually the same antihistamine as Benadryl, but for some people it is better at helping them sleep than it is at relieving allergy symptoms. Phenergan is actually an antihistamine as well, but it isn't used for allergies. It's used as an antipsychotic and also to treat hyperemesis. Apparently, Unisom is good at treating that as well.

I had no side effects, and told the doctor what I was doing eventually. Just google Unisom and B6... there's a lot more online about it now than there was when I found out about it.

Here's hoping it does go away soon!!! :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:

that is something I never knew, miss m, and something I will store away...since even with my boys, I was sick all my pregnancy, just not as bad as rebecca. I als found that eating...literally nibbling (or sipping) something constantly helped. Of course, thats why I gained so much weight when pregnant thislast time, but it is better than being sick all the time, as I have now lost most of what I gained...15 lbs to go!

Wow, Shara, that's awesome! *Sigh*... I never lost mine. I really need to.

A little anecdote about the Phenergan:

The doctor prescribed Phenergan suppositories for me, since I wasn't keeping anything down. I used a couple of them, but, like I said, it made me feel horrible. I stopped using it, and told the doctor about it the next appointment I had. I described in detail how it made me feel. His answer shocked me.

"You were high."

"What?"

"It made you high. That's why you felt that way."

"I was high?"

"Yes."

"You mean people pay lots of money to feel that way on purpose?"

He laughed. That was when he explained to me that it was also used as an antipsychotic, and, since it could act that way, it sometimes had the side effect of making the person taking it high. Wow.

I can't imagine anybody ever wanting to feel like that. Ever.

lol. When hubby and I first got together, I was in a lot of mental anquish over my daughter being taken. I got into drugs, and used all sort of things, shrooms, pills, pot and alcohol. Many times mixing them all. After a while (a couple months) I had an epiphany. They for sure dulled my brain, so I was able to not be so depressed and suicidal anymore...but they made me feel awful. My head would throb, my vision be distorted...depending on what I would take, I couldn't function because I was so miserable, body-wise. Since then, the few times I have drank till I was drunk, I feel the same way, and I have wondered how people go their whole lives like that.

It doesn't make much sense, the things people do to themselves, does it? lol.

Latest posts

Back