Just Desserts! What is more delicious than Rabbit Torte?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schipperkesue

Reaction score
I bred my Sallander coloured meat doe to a fawn buck that carries Tortoiseshell. My hope was to get some more Sallander! Well I was not disappointed! This is the lovely litter! I have a couple tortes, a couple sallanders, a fawn, some (I think) frosties and a strange little blue guy:

9818377a4619bf90bd8342c8aee8d50e.jpg

And here are some kits. The first is a Sallander! I got two! The next is a Torte and the last is the strange blue color with faint torte markings. Any ideas about his color, rabbit peoples?

80081bcaf41e77a696b6af2cd9be6c12.jpg

588ce5be383c8f1c4e7c566c7eaed219.jpg

590434d7420a7a23658065391cc03867.jpg

This is mom as a kit...

d8c34dda5b94a1b2693a31562e1de627.jpg

Very unusual

I think you've got the wideband gene effecting colours as well - the very orange tort certainly looks like the wideband torts I've seen = aa B_ C_ D_ ee ww

But some torts are just very orangey, while others are nearly all black :shrug:

I don't know what effect the wideband gene would have on sallander, or sable point

Miss M":1eu56yyj said:
Wow!! :p

Is there some reason you made them links, or would you like me to change the tags so the pictures show?

It is the only way I know to post a picture...and too busy to learn something new now! Please, Please, change so they show up on the post. Funny, i have always posted this way without issue.

I will continue with pics as they grow. I am excited to see so many racing stripes!

Black Tort, Chocolate Tort, REW [the pure whites], Blue Sallander and Smoke Pearl. What an interesting splash of colors.

Schipperkesue":x6xbkc7y said:
Miss M":x6xbkc7y said:
Wow!! :p

Is there some reason you made them links, or would you like me to change the tags so the pictures show?

It is the only way I know to post a picture...and too busy to learn something new now! Please, Please, change so they show up on the post. Funny, i have always posted this way without issue.

I will continue with pics as they grow. I am excited to see so many racing stripes!
Okay, sounds like maybe you just clicked the wrong button. I fixed them. They had link tags instead of image tags. Make sure to copy the fourth link, the "IMG" link, and paste that in your post.

They used to have code in the IMG link that would direct people to Photobucket if they clicked on your image. I simply clicked on the "direct link" that Photobucket gives you as an option, then came over here, clicked the "Img" button above my post, and pasted the link in between. One more step, but it was an easy way to avoid having your image lead to Photobucket, rather than enlarging the image or whatever. At some point, they removed the code that did that. :)

ZachsRabbits":387um3v8 said:
Black Tort, Chocolate Tort, REW [the pure whites], Blue Sallander and Smoke Pearl. What an interesting splash of colors.

Zach, are you suggesting the bluish kit is a smoke pearl? How exotic!

Thank you, Miss. M.

Back