Just curious what you all think...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ek.blair

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
This is my 3m old blue Silver Fox buck "Pete" I am still trying to figure out what is good and what is not. I do like him and just want honest evaluation from those who know more that me. I know pictures aren't the best for judging but do your best. I only got a good side shot before he moved :roll:
Pete.JPG

He looks pretty nice to me for a young Buck.
He appears to need a bit of filling out, when
you run your hand down his back to you hang up a bit on the hips?
He appears to be a bit long and I like to see a higher rise,
but this may change when he matures.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

A top and back pic are important for judging hips, width versus depth, and angle of the hind legs. From just that pic he looks good aside from a little long. He might gain some depth when he fills out and peak a little higher.

Thanks! I'll try to see if I can get him to sit still long enough for some other angles ;) <br /><br /> __________ Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:08 am __________ <br /><br /> Here is one that I got from the top, gunna have to get the hubby to help with the back picture...
Pete2.JPG

Shoulders are nice and wide compared to the hips, which is good for meaty shoulders... but are your SF for meat?

If they're for show, I'm no help. :)

Yep, just meat... but I did get pedigreed ones and hope to be able to sell to some local 4Hers or other people once I get the quality that I want. I hope to be able to drive out of state to bring some up some other lines eventually also.

Back