Just checking in!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TF3

Reaction score
Hi!
I have been MIA~ it has been a busy time around here!

I hope everyone here is well?
Spring litters hopping?

We had two great litters in January from veteran moms.
February was rough~ our Harlequin doe lost 9 on the wire (wouldn't use the nest), another had 7 and killed 4 and 2 more lost in foster, and we finally got rex babies~ 3 :)
All first timers.
Everyone is bred again and kits are leaving next week (at 8 weeks) from the first litters.

I have finally decided to sell up.
I'll miss my adults and having babies, but the work is all on me and physically I'm not up to it...
so I finally got hubby to agree that he wouldn't have to do all the cleaning etc. if I sold out and he let me get another dog :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a possible buyer for everything at once (I'll hold back my rex for another litter or two)
and a possible German Shepherd (working lines) pup due this week!

Hi TF3!!!

TF3":2fp49b2p said:
I hope everyone here is well?

Yup! Doing dandy! :D

Spring litters hopping?

Well, poppling, anyway- none of mine even have their eyes open yet. I have 8 litters in the nests and 3 more due soon.

We had two great litters in January from veteran moms.
February was rough~ our Harlequin doe lost 9 on the wire (wouldn't use the nest), another had 7 and killed 4 and 2 more lost in foster, and we finally got rex babies~ 3 :)
All first timers.
Everyone is bred again and kits are leaving next week (at 8 weeks) from the first litters.

Aww, sorry about the lost ones, but congrats on the living and especially the Rex! :p

I have finally decided to sell up.
I'll miss my adults and having babies, but the work is all on me and physically I'm not up to it...

Well, you have given it a lot of thought- and hard as it is to let them go, hopefully it will ease your burdens some so you can concentrate on YOU. :)

Although...

I have a possible buyer for everything at once (I'll hold back my rex for another litter or two)

...it sounds like the Rex might be an exception. :? Good choice- you know the saying, keep the best and eat the rest? Yep... get rid of all of those "lesser breeds" and keep the king of rabbits instead! :whistle:

so I finally got hubby to agree that he wouldn't have to do all the cleaning etc. if I sold out and he let me get another dog :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ba-ha-ha! Yes, yes! You will need something to focus on whilst you get over the emotional trauma of selling out of rabbits. :twisted:

All but the Rex, of course. *Evil grin*

Lori, I know quite well the point where the rabbits become too much work. I sent all mine to camp nearly two years ago. I hated to do it . . . but since I was deep into natural feeding and could no longer gather for them sufficiently, it was time.

I'm glad you held back your rex, at least for now. It will give you a chance to assess whether you still want to breed rabbits on a small scale that is more manageable.

I hope you won't desert us, even if you get out of rabbits entirely for the time being. Very, very few people who have become infected with rabbitosis make a full recovery. There are remissions, but cures? Not so much. :twisted:

LOL ~ you are right, it feels like remission!
I have put it out there that I will sell the Rex, but as I am asking for what they are worth in an area with very few purebreds (aside from dwarfs) I don't expect a flood of buyers LOL

I did finalize the sale of the whole rabbitry, which was a blessing! SO much easier.
They will move April 1~ so I get to have a few more litters (due Easter weekend) :)

And we are waiting on news from the breeder about my GSD puppy :yay:

I'll pop in now and again... my head is so full of what I have learned I hate to just dump it LOL

Latest posts

Back