Jersey Woolys I hope to show ~ opinions plz.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamerz

Reaction score
Here are four of my JW Does I was thinking about showing. What do you all think ? I have never shown a rabbit before. Oh I should mention currently they are not in full coat as almost all of my rabbits have desided to blow their coats out at the same time. I hope they grow back in soon, they look so stragaly.

Eden ~ Pointed White-? (Blue I think) ~ Sr. Doe
7-2-2012001.jpg

Pom-Pom ~ Pointed White-Black ~ Sr. Doe
Pom%20Pom.JPG

Pooka ~ Simese Sable ~ Sr. Doe
Puka.JPG

Lamb Chop ~ Simese Sable ~ Sr. Doe
LC.JPG

Pretty bunnies!

I am not familiar with the breed, but I would suggest taking them all to the show. The judge will comment on the good and bad qualities of each rabbit, and that will help you to evaluate your own stock in the future. Entry fees are usually around $3, which I consider to be a very good deal for a professional assessment of an animal.

I know little of this breed, but like Mamma says, it wouldn't hurt to go to a show to find out a little more about your stock and go from there :) If anything, you don't really have to enter if you don't feel up to it. Many judges will help you when they have a break. All you need to do is ask. It is also a good time to sell and purchase new stock accordingly to your rabbits strengths and weaknesses.

I know very little of the breed, but it appears you have a nice bunch there. I would definitely show them. If you have help with you makes sure you take notes on the judges comments( enter a the A & B show, if possible) and maybe have another breeder also take a look and see what they have to say. You never know they may have a buck or doe they would be a perfect match to yours.

There is absolutely no way to determine quality from these pictures as the rabbits are not properly posed. I suspect the last photo is long in the shoulders, but hard to tell. The best you can do is take them to a show to get the judge's opinion, as others have stated. Its' really the best way to learn. Then you will know if you have a good start, or have absolute crap and need to start over.

Dreamerz":2oynbz63 said:
So far I have had no luck with posing, but I keep trying.

Don't worry about that- when you go to the show, the judges will pose them. In junior showmanship, the kids pose their own rabbits... that might be a good class for adults too! :lol: I know I have a lot to learn there too. :)

Back