Jersey Wooly Show Quality or not????

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniLopManiac

Reaction score
I recently had a litter of 6 babies. One baby died the runt. In the litter though there r three brokends and two solid, one is a shaded and one is a tan. The shaded is a blue torte and the tan is a Smoke Pearl Marten. All babies carry the Vianna trait, or a white stripe on their head, since the father is a Blue Eyed White. I'm wondering if this would make them be disqualified at a show, dock points or not affect them at all???? Two of the brokens are more thaan 50% color, r most judges not going to mind??? The other I already know would be disqualified for he only has around 4-5% color and no white on nose.

Vienna marks are DQ's'
If the brokens have color on thr ears and nose, I assume they should b mostly indistinguishable from a normal broken.

skysthelimit":280g2kon said:
Vienna marks are DQ's'
If the brokens have color on thr ears and nose, I assume they should b mostly indistinguishable from a normal broken.

Dang it, the blue torte only has a speck of white in the middle of the forhead and on his nose. And the brokens look like a dutch almost with their marking and have only a small amount of color on the nose.

Yeah that vienna gene will get you all the time as far as showing. At least you know they are all vienna carriers and can use them to move forward with a BEW line of showable BEW.

No they r definetly brokens with a saddle pattern and a lot of color. And ya I really like the BEW and would love to get some out of them, cuz they have great body and fur

From what I have seen on the show table, it is very difficult to get a broken JW with more than 10% color. I am in CA, so it may be different elsewhere, but the rabbits I have seen all look almost like Charlies.

If your rabbits are heavily marked, they may be useful in your breeding program- but other more experienced breeders here will have better input on that. Just make sure to make it clear to any future buyers that the lines carry the VM gene.

If you could post pics that would help our members to advise you better.

MSD, I've seen the same. I wonder if it has something to do with how the colors are distrubuted on the long wool shaft? Wooly bred colors always look more muted on the wooly body parts.

Again they each have a slight bit of color on their noses, would that keep them from being DQed???<br /><br />__________ Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:56 pm __________<br /><br />Oooooo but the bunny that's that blue in the top corner next to the RabbitTalk thing looks a lot like my blue torte's markings.

Just remember, remember there is a big difference between free of DQ's and Show Quality. Slapping a pedigree on everything on a litter is very frowned upon. Usually the only things I'll give a pedigree to are rabbits I would of kept for my own show team but don't have the room for.

Back