Jersey Wooly Invasion

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
The Woolys have arrived, and I cast all blame upon the shoulders of LindseysWoolies. If not for her, I would not have this trio of fuzzy wee beasties.

Thank you Lindsey for posting a plethora of adorable pics and infecting me with the insatiable desire to own some of these sweet bunnehs!

My starter stock are from one of the top fifteen JW breeders in the nation- ranked less than fifteenth, but more than tenth. :mrgreen: Their breeder is a wonderful young lady who started with the breed just three short years ago.

First off, here is a picture of the new babies in their quarantine cage:

IMG_4081.JPG

This is "Showoff", a proven brood doe, who was bred last night so should be giving me popples in a month:

IMG_4100.JPG

This is an unnamed 5 month old show quality black doe:

IMG_4116.JPG

This is my future herd sire, Piano Protege:

IMG_4098.JPG

Since he is only 8 weeks old, he is a bit embarrassed by the fact that I mentioned his future "duties":

IMG_4093.JPG

I would like to report that the Woolys have overcome family resistance to non-meat bunnies. Hubs would not relinquish hold of the black doe when we were bringing them into the house. He said that Protege looked like a hamster, which I am taking as a compliment. :roll: Hubs also said that I need a website for my rabbitry. :D

Colliepup, my ten year old son, who told me to enjoy the JW's online and resist the impulse to buy them, said that he was happy I got them afterall, and he didn't realize that they were so small and cute. :)

Queenpup is of course also suffering from acute Galloping Rabbitosis, and is pleased as punch that I brought more bunnehs home... and she is trying to claim Showoff as her own. (I wonder what unsavory chores I can fob off on her so she can "buy" her from me? :? )

I fear that 3Mina may be right, and the Jersey Woolies will first take over my BunnyBarn only to conquer the world.

Look out, humans- JW's may be small, but they are persistent and pervasive!

MamaSheepdog":2jeqjq0q said:
The Woolys have arrived, and I cast all blame upon the shoulders of LindseysWoolies. If not for her, I would not have this trio of fuzzy wee beasties.

Thank you Lindsey for posting a plethora of adorable pics and infecting me with the insatiable desire to own some of these sweet bunnehs!

My starter stock are from one of the top fifteen JW breeders in the nation- ranked less than fifteenth, but more than tenth. :mrgreen: Their breeder is a wonderful young lady who started with the breed just three short years ago.

First off, here is a picture of the new babies in their quarantine cage:

View attachment 4

This is "Showoff", a proven brood doe, who was bred last night so should be giving me popples in a month:

View attachment 3

This is an unnamed 5 month old show quality black doe:

View attachment 2

This is my future terminal sire, Piano Protege:

View attachment 1

Since he is only 8 weeks old, he is a bit embarrassed by the fact that I mentioned his future "duties":

I would like to report that the Woolys have overcome family resistance to non-meat bunnies. Hubs would not relinquish hold of the black doe when we were bringing them into the house. He said that Protege looked like a hamster, which I am taking as a compliment. :roll: Hubs also said that I need a website for my rabbitry. :D

Colliepup, my ten year old son, who told me to enjoy the JW's online and resist the impulse to buy them, said that he was happy I got them afterall, and he didn't realize that they were so small and cute. :)

Queenpup is of course also suffering from acute Galloping Rabbitosis, and is pleased as punch that I brought more bunnehs home... and she is trying to claim Showoff as her own. (I wonder what unsavory chores I can fob off on her so she can "buy" her from me? :? )

I fear that 3Mina may be right, and the Jersey Woolies will first take over my BunnyBarn only to conquer the world.

Look out, humans- JW's may be small, but they are persistent and pervasive!

OH BEAUTIFUL!!! I would pick Showoff too! :congratulations:

Beautiful rabbits!! So glad you finally gave in! ;) Love showoff, that is one of my favorite colors. Are you going to show them? :3

Congratulations Mamasheepdog! Absolutely beautiful trio you have there. So glad the whole family is happy and will enjoy those small, wooly creatures.

Love the pic of Piano Protege. That embarrassment phase will wear off and he will definitely make you some pretty, fuzzy babies.

Can't wait to see what "Showoff" gives you in a month!

Karen

They are adorable !!!
I love the lil guy, that last pic is so cute !

One house at a time the JWs will win you all over. :lol:

nice fluff balls. Are you sure those are rabbits? If you need someone to take your standard Rex, I volunteer. lol

They are so adorable, and in my favorite colors.

Isn't hard to have just two breeds :) I am up to four, so no woolies for me.

BTW I really love your little buck. Your does are pretty too. they look funny without a wool cap are they molting or growing back in from molt? Otherwise they all look very nice. love the type on them and ears. Also don't be alarmed when your little piano prodegy goes through his ugly phase...some advise I got from a breeder is put them in a bottom cage and don't look at them again till they are 4 months old. LOL!

I love the Black doe. So how far away from me are you? Every bunny barn should have at least 1 JW. :clap: :up: :congratulations: I want :mbounce:

LindseysWoolies":37dis8l9 said:
Are you going to show them?

But of course! I'm thinking that they will be a fine project for Queenpup to ensure she gets bitten by the "show bug". :D

BTW I really love your little buck.

I think he is my favorite! :oops: He may attain permanent house rabbit status if he minds his manners. :)

they look funny without a wool cap are they molting or growing back in from molt?

They are both molting. Showoff and Protege have slightly soft coats, whereas the black doe carries more guard hairs- so they will complement one another nicely. :) Showoff had some felting of her wool, and I was very surprised that it only took me about one minute to brush her out! :shock: They are super easy to groom!

The black doe hadn't been groomed since she was about 10 weeks old, and just had a couple of tangles behind her ears.

Demamma, I am about an hour Northeast of Bakersfield in the mountains. I may have a wooly or two available in about three months- if I don't keep them all, that is! :roll:

Ack! I just looked at the breeder's website, and my buck's name is Prodige (which is French for miracle or wonder), not Protege (which means "one who is protected or trained or whose career is furthered by a person of experience, prominence, or influence").

My bad. :roll:<br /><br />__________ Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:46 am __________<br /><br />
Demamma":c668oln8 said:
I am about 6 hours north of bakersfield. You should vacation up north. :mrgreen:

I love the Pacific Northwest! My kids have never seen the Redwood forests.... :hmm:

MamaSheepdog":2pystbja said:
Ack! I just looked at the breeder's website, and my buck's name is Prodige (which is French for miracle or wonder), not Protege (which means "one who is protected or trained or whose career is furthered by a person of experience, prominence, or influence").

My bad. :roll:

Either way, I think you need to get him a tiny piano!

Attachments

• RabbitOrganist.jpg
    RabbitOrganist.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 501
Back