It's our 38th Wedding Anniversary!! 💖

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just wanted to share with everyone that today August 18th 2023 is our 38th wedding anniversary. 🥂 I thank God for my amazing wife Susan Marie that on this day 38 yrs ago she took me as her husband not realizing all the up's and downs life would hit us with over the yrs. But together we from day one have been each others best friend for life. She is my world, my life, my sunshine, my helper, my partner, my equal, my heart, my breath that I breathe. Lord she is the better part of me. She is not my waiter, not my mother, not my slave she is my wife. So today I want to tell my wife in front of all my family here how much she means to me. "I LOVE YOU SWEETHEART HAPPY ANNIVERSARY". Now My prayer for young married folks is dont go to bed mad at each other (I know its not easy sometimes 😔), remember divorce should never ever be an option for theres nothing the two of you cant get through together, always tell each other you love each other as many times as possible in a day, never be ashamed to hold your spouse hand or hug or kiss your spouse in public, always put God FIRST, your spouse 2nd, your children after that, never allow your parents to interfere with your marriage, NEVER EVER CHEAT PERIOD its never worth your marriage, never allow jealousy or unforgiveness in your marriage, never ever take for granted your spouse will be here in the next breath we are not guarantee tomorrow for once my wife died in here sleep and was dead 15 minutes after a fuss we had. We have a video of a news report 4 yrs later done with the fire department about her coming back to life. (If anyone would like to see it private message me for our YouTube link) Anyway just wanted to share and hope this was allowed for this is my first time not talking about our rabbits lol. John and Susan Marie in Kempner Tx

Attachments

• scan0160 (1).jpg
    scan0160 (1).jpg
    32 KB · Views: 0
  • 20191117_135954.jpg
    20191117_135954.jpg
    732.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1317870232555.jpg
    1317870232555.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I just wanted to share with everyone that today August 18th 2023 is our 38th wedding anniversary. 🥂 I thank God for my amazing wife Susan Marie that on this day 38 yrs ago she took me as her husband not realizing all the up's and downs life would hit us with over the yrs. But together we from day one have been each others best friend for life. She is my world, my life, my sunshine, my helper, my partner, my equal, my heart, my breath that I breathe. Lord she is the better part of me. She is not my waiter, not my mother, not my slave she is my wife. So today I want to tell my wife in front of all my family here how much she means to me. "I LOVE YOU SWEETHEART HAPPY ANNIVERSARY". Now My prayer for young married folks is dont go to bed mad at each other (I know its not easy sometimes 😔), remember divorce should never ever be an option for theres nothing the two of you cant get through together, always tell each other you love each other as many times as possible in a day, never be ashamed to hold your spouse hand or hug or kiss your spouse in public, always put God FIRST, your spouse 2nd, your children after that, never allow your parents to interfere with your marriage, NEVER EVER CHEAT PERIOD its never worth your marriage, never allow jealousy or unforgiveness in your marriage, never ever take for granted your spouse will be here in the next breath we are not guarantee tomorrow for once my wife died in here sleep and was dead 15 minutes after a fuss we had. We have a video of a news report 4 yrs later done with the fire department about her coming back to life. (If anyone would like to see it private message me for our YouTube link) Anyway just wanted to share and hope this was allowed for this is my first time not talking about our rabbits lol. John and Susan Marie in Kempner Tx
So wonderfully put, bless you and your wife!

Two matured love birds
Stronger hearts every day
Sorrows pass, joy grows

A haiku to celebrate you both ✨️ big congratulations!

Our ten year is coming up this Nov and this post moved me. Thanks for sticking your neck out and sharing your excitement with us!

Two matured love birds
Stronger hearts every day
Sorrows pass, joy grows

A haiku to celebrate you both ✨️ big congratulations!

Our ten year is coming up this Nov and this post moved me. Thanks for sticking your neck out and sharing your excitement with us!
Thank you so much for your reply. We remember our 10th like it was yesterday. We went to our pastor back then and asked to be remarried and he was going do a big remarry on valentines for everyone that year but never did. So our 10th came and gone. Then on our 20th we wanted to get remarried but it didnt happen. Then we was managers at a Senior Citizens Retirement Community in Austin Tx and we did a big remarry for all the seniors there and had a pastor come in. It was great. So even all us married managers got remarried. There was couples that had been married over 75 yrs there it was great to see them still together in love getting around.

Attachments

• 100_5990-2.JPG
    100_5990-2.JPG
    662.3 KB · Views: 0
So our 10th came and gone. Then on our 20th we wanted to get remarried but it didnt happen. Then we was managers at a Senior Citizens Retirement Community in Austin Tx and we did a big remarry for all the seniors there and had a pastor come in.
I hope our ten year will be special but it looks like we might have to try on the next decade too. And looking at your experience, it's hard to gauge when life will align right for a proper celebration. We didn't even get a real wedding, had to elope! I've always craved a real celebration, but being no contact with both sides of our families makes for a small circle. It's good to read that it eventually happens! We do have the rest of our lives, after all. :)

We came from Austin too! My husband was born and raised there. Beautiful country and great people, especially of the older generations. Fun that you and your wife comanaged the community together! Those must've been the best of times.

Most of our friends are unmarried or getting divorces right now. But we only have other millennial or gen Z friends. Can't wait til we can be part of the senior club lol!

I hope our ten year will be special but it looks like we might have to try on the next decade too. And looking at your experience, it's hard to gauge when life will align right for a proper celebration. We didn't even get a real wedding, had to elope! I've always craved a real celebration, but being no contact with both sides of our families makes for a small circle. It's good to read that it eventually happens! We do have the rest of our lives, after all. :)

We came from Austin too! My husband was born and raised there. Beautiful country and great people, especially of the older generations. Fun that you and your wife comanaged the community together! Those must've been the best of times.

Most of our friends are unmarried or getting divorces right now. But we only have other millennial or gen Z friends. Can't wait til we can be part of the senior club lol!
Wow we have something in common my wife didnt have family on her side from day one. We have tried over the yrs to find out if she maybe was adopted. Anyway they are dead now. On my side my parents died yrs ago and I am the youngest of 5. We was disowned over something so childish over 25 yrs ago. So we dont have family either on either side. Its been a very lonely life but we had each other, our daughter and 2 wonderful grandsons. So know what you mean by a small circle. Also as you see by the picture of the two of us praying when we was young with a pastor that was a Justice of the Peace in his home when when got married in 1985. It was only my mom and dad the JP and the two of us. We never had a honeymoon back then. But we did make it to Cancun and Puerto Vallarta Mexico many yrs later and almost got remarried there.
Its so sad that marriages have a hard time making it today. Even our daughter who has been married only about 8 yrs has a hard time. We pray for them and tell them all the time when you stood before God and said that you took each other for better and worse, sickness and health then when something comes along did you mean it. God says you had better. My daughter know we have seen more in our marriage come and go then soooooo many marriage do not come out of but we did and will for divorce is never to us the answer and our love now has been test by fire and hell and cant be broken. Yes I too was married before and so was my wife. We was both very young. Neither of us left those marriages they left us. I got married at 18 she was 15. We was married 6 yrs. My ex cheated and left and lived with a man on drugs till she died. My now wife of 38 yrs her ex also died too yrs ago. Anyway life is short enjoy each other thats all that matters. Friends and family come and go but a spouse is there with you alife time and God willing eternity in Heaven too.
You get a chance and want to see what happened to us one night after a fight we had in the middle of the night which could have been the last time we ever saw each other then watch this news video.

Attachments

• MariesTestimoney.mp4
    7.7 MB
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back