It's just not RIGHT!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frecs

Reaction score
I live on the COAST of North Carolina not far from MYRTLE BEACH SC...

IT IS ***NOT*** SUPPOSED TO BE THIS COLD!!!

I had to BREAK ICE off rabbit water bowls...thaw water bottles...MY FEET WERE FREEZZEEING AS WERE MY HANDS (of course I don't have gloves and my "yard shoes" are crocs....did I mention that this is THE COAST!@!)

And, while I'm trying to thaw the rabbits' water....the Muscovies were cracking the ice layer on their kiddie pool and taking their MORNING SWIM!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Just call them the polar bear club for Muscovies...

And, of course, my car heater blower is a hit and miss deal and this morning it was miss...cold drive to work...

Did I mention I live just north of Myrtle Beach, SC? The BEACH DESTINATION of the East Coast???? I did? oh, I'm too cold to remember....

Woke up to 11 degrees yesterday morning. 20 and snowy this morning seemed downright tropical.

To be fair...we were expecting this. :lol: I'm sure it's a bigger shock where you are.

I had -30 last week... :lol: I wish I could just take off the top layer of ice, I need to switch out water bowls to let one thaw out and the other re-fill with fresh water.

That said, I was expecting cold (well -30 from 0 was a bit of a shocker) and I feel your pain when it's not supposed to be this cold. Or in my case, this warm. We get 90F during the summer :? I'm sure you expect it, but for us... Worst. Month. Ever.

Can't Mother Nature be consistent? Why does she like to screw us over like this??

LilacGal":3sgrhl4l said:
Frecs what's the actual temperature? It got down to 42 here today, and it's raining. And I'm thankful that that's all it is.

Our low was 23F...TWENTY-THREE DEGREES F.!!!!<br /><br />__________ Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:17 pm __________<br /><br />
CochinBrahmaLover":3sgrhl4l said:
I had -30 last week... :lol: I wish I could just take off the top layer of ice, I need to switch out water bowls to let one thaw out and the other re-fill with fresh water.

That said, I was expecting cold (well -30 from 0 was a bit of a shocker) and I feel your pain when it's not supposed to be this cold. Or in my case, this warm. We get 90F during the summer :? I'm sure you expect it, but for us... Worst. Month. Ever.

Can't Mother Nature be consistent? Why does she like to screw us over like this??

When you expect it...when it is normal...you are prepared and adjusted to it. When it is not, well, it just not RIGHT! We expect 90F with 98% humidity. We plan for it. We have the systems (and clothing) to deal with it. Our Falls are supposed to we nice cool nights in the 40's and days in the 60's...our "winter" is supposed to be about 3 weeks long with a few short dips below freezing...nothing worth getting winter gear for...

Mother Nature is just not funny!

It's so cold here that every impact on your skin (even NO impact, just a pinch!) hurts....and it's 43.1 degrees here. :shock: :campfire: Yeah, that's cold here! :lol:

23 is a bit nippy, especially when you aren't expecting it. Today's high appears to be 45, livable. I just don't wish to go out and play in it.

Latest posts

Back