It's breeding season for us

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olbunny

Reaction score
It's that time of year again. Time to start a new year for the rabbitry n breed our 4 does. With justation 4 weeks. Grow to weening 6 weeks It's 2-1/2 months. Middle of April. When folks want rabbits.
We restarted our rabbitry with 3 black NZ does 1 Californian buck. Adopted an orphan doe. We purchased our first 4 from registered purebred stock. We don't need paperwork. Purebred NZ black n purebred Californian.
We have developed a blue line that has a large rounded rear. Large rabbits. We line breed by selecting what we feel is the best for us. Good meat rabbits that are good moms n produce 8 plus kits per cycle. 4 cycles. 1 week break between breeding. We harvest at 12 weeks, average 2-1/2# friers.
Manure is composed 3 years, dried n mulched. Looking like a fine topsoil. Great for garden or grass topcoats or pots. My beautiful wife would rather handle this than rabbit turds.
We use it all. Just need to get a hold of a dog musher that wants to left over offel n hides for the dogs. Maybe trade for help slaughtering n send a couple rabbits home with them. They have a family to feed too n are neighbors

It's that time of year again. Time to start a new year for the rabbitry n breed our 4 does. With justation 4 weeks. Grow to weening 6 weeks It's 2-1/2 months. Middle of April. When folks want rabbits.
We restarted our rabbitry with 3 black NZ does 1 Californian buck. Adopted an orphan doe. We purchased our first 4 from registered purebred stock. We don't need paperwork. Purebred NZ black n purebred Californian.
We have developed a blue line that has a large rounded rear. Large rabbits. We line breed by selecting what we feel is the best for us. Good meat rabbits that are good moms n produce 8 plus kits per cycle. 4 cycles. 1 week break between breeding. We harvest at 12 weeks, average 2-1/2# friers.
Manure is composed 3 years, dried n mulched. Looking like a fine topsoil. Great for garden or grass topcoats or pots. My beautiful wife would rather handle this than rabbit turds.
We use it all. Just need to get a hold of a dog musher that wants to left over offel n hides for the dogs. Maybe trade for help slaughtering n send a couple rabbits home with them. They have a family to feed too n are neighbors
I like your bartering idea! I have been hoping someone around here might take me up on that plan.

Latest posts

Back